Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Bottle to sippie cup

DS is 13mo and still takes his baba before naps and bedtime. Anyone already transitioned exclusively to a sippie cup? I'm not in any rush to get him off his bottle, just curious.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Bottle to sippie cup

• Options
    We are trying to transition as well. LO drinks water just fine from a sippy but won't have anything to do with it if we put milk in ped didn't seemed concerned or anything at our one yr appt this week. We are not stressing just going with the flow and to keep trying
  • Options
    aeh72aeh72 member

DS (16 months) has been drinking water out of a straw sippy for a while (he only uses straw sippies).  Shortly after he turned one, we transitioned milk to the sippy as well for all servings except his bottle right before bedtime.  He has always gone to sleep so easily, so we were nervous about changing that routine.  Within the past month, we started substituting the bottle for a sippy of milk at bedtime and that has gone really well, probably because he's used to the milk coming from a sippy at other times during the day.  I wasn't in a particular rush to get him totally off the bottle completely either, but at his 15 month checkup, the doctor assumed he was fully off bottles so I figured it must be time to make it happen.  Now, we're working on his last milk of the night coming about an hour before bedtime (instead of right at bedtime) and that is going well also.  So, my advice - ease into it and you should be fine. It probably won't take as long as you think it will.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never give him a bottle in bed. We sit in the glider and he takes it there. I attempt to brush his teeth. But he is so ticklish that I'm unsuccessful most of the time. Thanks for the advice. I will try sippie cups during the day and bottles before bedtime to start off the transition
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"