August 2013 Moms

birthing ball

So I have a ball that I sit on when I'm watching TV, but other than that I'm not really sure what I should be doing with it.  It's probably better than just sitting on the couch, I just feel like I should be doing some other type of exercise.  When I google it there's more information about using it during labor and that "working" with it prior to labor can be helpful.

So does anyone else know what I'm supposed to be doing with this thing? 

Re: birthing ball

• Bouncing or rocking or just sitting even helps, there are YouTube vids

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

• Hip circles have been helping me w/ my hip pain
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Loading the player...
  • I use mine to lean on the wall, or hold it and squat. Sometimes, I just lean on it.... LOL. There was a helpful page in my birthing class booklet that I look at and mirror the pictures in sometimes.... I'm guessing there are better YouTube videos than that, though....
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Before you decide to take it with you to the hospital, you should ask if they provide one. My hospital provides one in every room, you just have to ask.

• Circles, bouncing, rocking, pelvic tilts and lunges have been helping me. Sit with legs spread and let belly drop forward.
  • I do pelvic circles and small bounces on mine.
    imageimageimageimage

• I mostly bounce, hip circles and rocks. I agree with @Ealauren88, before you bring it to the hospital check and see if they are provided

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My hospital has "some" birthing balls, but the instructor for the birth class (an employee of the hospital) suggested bring your own ball from home if you have one.
    She said to just put it in the car, in case you get there and all the hospital balls are in use.  It's better to have it in the trunk or back seat than to have to go all the way back home or not to have one at all.  That sounded like pretty good advice to me.
  • LokiLahveLokiLahve member
    edited July 2013
    ELauren88 said:

Before you decide to take it with you to the hospital, you should ask if they provide one. My hospital provides one in every room, you just have to ask.

My hospital also told me they provide them. I asked if they ever run out and they said yes since they don't have enough for every room. I plan to bring mine in the car and DH can run out to get it if they don't have one available.
    Just something to consider. :)

ETA: and now I see the post above me says the EXACT same thing.
  • That, and using it in early labor at home are the main ways to utilize it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"