December 2013 Moms

Queso blanco

It's all I care about right now. Thin, crispy tortilla chips and queso blanco. I could make a batch but that would be wrong...so wrong. I'll save my Tex-Mex craving for Friday night. Any Mexican food lovers out there?? I want to have a Mexican food potluck...just for me.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Queso blanco

• I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD!!!  Do you have a good recipe for queso blanco?  Is it easy? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I made guacamole for us last night.

It basically turned into guacamole for me.

\:D/
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Loading the player...
  • I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD!!!  Do you have a good recipe for queso blanco?  Is it easy? 

We have a few we rotate but this is my go-to recipe as of right now. Sometimes if I need it really super quick I sub Rotel for the fresh ingredients (hot variety) but the fresh ingredients are way better. Although, how can you go wrong with cheese on chips??

• I eat Mexican once a day usually...at least 5 meals a week. Be in nachos, taco salad, it doesn't matter as long as it's Mexican and very spicy. Tomorrow I'm making Pioneer Woman's grilled jalapeño quesadillas. Can. Not. Wait.
  • Are you in Houston? Where do you go for your tex-mex? I love Mexican food

Yes! I love Pappasitos, El Tiempo, Escalantes and then there are two hole-in-the-wall places near me that I can't live without - Larry's and Lopez.

• KateMW said:

I eat Mexican once a day usually...at least 5 meals a week. Be in nachos, taco salad, it doesn't matter as long as it's Mexican and very spicy. Tomorrow I'm making Pioneer Woman's grilled jalapeño quesadillas. Can. Not. Wait.

This sounds glorious. Googling now...

We have a few we rotate but this is my go-to recipe as of right now. Sometimes if I need it really super quick I sub Rotel for the fresh ingredients (hot variety) but the fresh ingredients are way better. Although, how can you go wrong with cheese on chips??
    OMG YUM!!  Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.  I'm going to have to try it this weekend.  Mmm...now I want some authentic Mexican food.

• That sounds delicious!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It is one of my favorite cuisines. I could guac every day!
    Me: 28 DH: 33 TTC since February 2012, married September 2012 DX with Hypothalamic Amenorrhea 2/2013, HSG clear, Bloodwork good, SA great! Started seeing RE February 2013
      imageimageimage
  • Mmmm Mexican is my favorite!  DH is out of town and I am stuck at home with an empty pantry.  I've been daydreaming about ordering delicious takeout all afternoon and you may have swayed me towards Mexican.  Now just have to figure out where to get it from!
  • Applebee's has a delicious queso blanco! I want some now...
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • I love it!!! I wish we had more places around to get it.

imageimage

• We have a ton of places here (luckily), but it is getting my DH to want it every other night like I do that is the problem. ;)

I'm not sure if they're all over Houston, but there's a restaurant called Jimmy Changas that is pretty good too. I love their queso blanco.

Yes! I love Pappasitos, El Tiempo, Escalantes and then there are two hole-in-the-wall places near me that I can't live without - Larry's and Lopez.

I forgot Chuy's!!

• Yeah Chuy's is good too!

• I need chips and queso in my life!
  • I joke that I like Mexican so much I married one!  (Well, he's only half, but you get the point! I used to call him my Mexi-melt... he he!)

imageimage

• I love Mexican food! And being in California we have amazing Mexican food! I'm drooling just thinking about it!
  • YUM!!!! That sounds amazingly delicious right now. Loves me some queso, white/cheddar whatever. I love it all!!!

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Dream celeb baby daddy- Prince Harry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"