Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Breastfeeding Question

DS is now 2 and a half weeks old and has been nursing great since he was born.  The last couple of days though he seems to get frustrated and cries a little when he nurses on one side.  He seems to get over it and continues to nurse after a couple minutes.  He does this every time he nurses on that side.  Any ideas what this could mean?  
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Breastfeeding Question

• My lo does that on my left side and its because the milk flows slower on that side and it doesn't produce as much milk as the right. It's natural to have one side produce less. She fusses every once in a while but then keeps on eating.

New Mommy!!!

• My lo does that on my left side and its because the milk flows slower on that side and it doesn't produce as much milk as the right. It's natural to have one side produce less. She fusses every once in a while but then keeps on eating.

Exactly this. This happened the whole year I nursed my toddler and it is the same this time. When I pump that side makes about half of what the right makes. I stressed about it with DS1, but after a year if breast feeding that way I'm lot concerned this time around. You can pump the lower producing side when you are nursing on the other side to try and up the volume if you want.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here as the pp; same side too. I get equal amounts when I pump but the left side flows slower. Sometimes LO doesn't mind, other times she fusses a little but keeps eating.

• Same as pp's. It's either b/c the letdown is too slow or too fast. My left breast fluctuates a lot, produces a ton one day, not so much the next. I don't worry about it, the babe fusses a little but always latches back on. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"