May 2013 Moms

Tired moms

I came across this link on TB when I was reading their sleep advice (don't bother, you already know all their tips).

https://m.thebump.com/new-mom-new-dad/your-life/articles/craziest-things-tired-moms-did.aspx

Made me think about the dumbest thing I've done due to being overly tired (actually I do this a LOT): when a baby wakes us up in the MOTN and I'm sleeping with my arms around the dog, I think, "well, she'll have to wait a minute; I'm feeding her sister right now!"

Anyone else have a funny story?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Tired moms

• LovestruckAJLovestruckAJ member
    edited July 2013
    Hahaha!! That made me laugh...& I must say, I admire you for being able to do this with 2! (you, & my mom, because I'm a twin).

Mine is actually dog related as well. I was feeding DS after I had changed his diaper. Well, I left the wipe warmer lid open and my little dog, Sissy, was sitting nearby. For a millisecond I thought to ask her to close it for me. Emphasis on millisecond.
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hahaha!! That made me laugh...& I must say, I admire you for being able to do this with 2! (you, & my mom, because I'm a twin).

Mine is actually dog related as well. I was feeding DS after I had changed his diaper. Well, I left the wipe container lid open and my little dog, Sissy, was sitting nearby. For a millisecond I thought to ask her to close it for me. Emphasis on millisecond.

I want to ask my dog to do stuff for me all the time when DH isn't home. I know he can't and I don't actually ask....but I wish he could!
  • Loading the player...
  • abstar24 said:
    Hahaha!! That made me laugh...& I must say, I admire you for being able to do this with 2! (you, & my mom, because I'm a twin).

Mine is actually dog related as well. I was feeding DS after I had changed his diaper. Well, I left the wipe container lid open and my little dog, Sissy, was sitting nearby. For a millisecond I thought to ask her to close it for me. Emphasis on millisecond.
    I want to ask my dog to do stuff for me all the time when DH isn't home. I know he can't and I don't actually ask....but I wish he could!
    Me too. They'd be doing my laundry
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
  • In the earlier months when LO was sleeping on us, my husband tried to swaddle the cat because she was sleeping where LO usually did. LOVE to bust that story out at parties!

• kmcd23kmcd23 member
    Hubby has shushed and rocked a pillow many times.
  • I love reading funny stories but I don't have any. I have put things in places they don't belong and didn't notice until my husband bugged me about it. (Box of cereal in the fridge, can of soup in the fridge, cheese in the cupboard instead of the fridge...that sort of thing)
  • I often yell at DH while we're sleeping and tell him not to roll on the baby. (DS has never sleep in our bed lol). I also was up and down the hallway once before I realized that DS wasn't crying. Thank goodness I realized what I was doing before I opened the door and woke him up!!
  • Lol. These stories are great. I wish I had a good one. Mine just involve putting weird stuff away in the fridge.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Haha! I love these!! I have a couple. My husband one night when DD1 was a baby. In his sleep he kept kissing my cheek and saying shh shh and stroking my head thinking I was DD1.. Also the other night I was pouring myself and my SIL a glass of wine and I got distracted by something my SIL was doing and I say to my DD1 (3 years old) " Here..." While trying to hand her a glass of wine. She looks at me and says, No mommy I don't LIKE wine! Im sure there are many others I am forgetting also.. :-O
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have shushed my husband as we have been going to sleep. Once I was woken up in the middle of the night by DH wiping my mouth with a tissue thinking I was DD and had milk on my mouth.
    Me: 32
    DH: 35
    DD #1: 6/1/2013
    EDD #2: 6/7/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• These are cracking me up! I don't have a real one, but Husband and I joke around when we mimick her behavior. Like if Husband is stretching or can't get comfortable I will joke that he needs to burp or if I'm biting my nails husband recommends a binkey (he hates it when I bite my nails). 
    She is here! 5-29-13

• I changed dd in the motn on our bed the other night and somehow missed that she pooped on the sheets. I ended up sleeping in it for the next two hours! But you can just add that to the barf and breast milk that I was already wearing ;)
  • delinodelino member
    I would sing 'hush little baby' to DD as she went to sleep and when she would wake in the motn, I would sing it...in my head. I was too tired to actually sing it out loud.

Also, I had a dream that i fed and changed her and then woke up to her fussing. I really thought I had JUST fed and changed her and for a minute couldn't wrap my head around why she was fussing.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • These stories are great!
    The only thing I've done is throw away the clean diaper that I had out and ready, instead of the dirty one.
  • helenkayj said:

In the earlier months when LO was sleeping on us, my husband tried to swaddle the cat because she was sleeping where LO usually did. LOVE to bust that story out at parties!

Haha. I'm sure the cat thought "WTF?"

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • delino said:

Also, I had a dream that i fed and changed her and then woke up to her fussing. I really thought I had JUST fed and changed her and for a minute couldn't wrap my head around why she was fussing.

Haha oh I SO do this!!
  • MH would some times just say "where's my baby?!" and look around like he just realized he should be watching him or something, when he was really just sleeping in the swing. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 5/18/12. MMC @ 8 weeks. Measuring 6w5d. MC naturally 6/29/12. Forever loved.

2013-07-17 at 07.15.09
  • A couple of times I almost poured breastmilk from the fridge into coffee instead of creamer.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
  • sarajim06 said:

I often yell at DH while we're sleeping and tell him not to roll on the baby. (DS has never sleep in our bed lol).

I was so paranoid about this for awhile and LO has never slept with us either! I'd half wake up and frantically ask if the baby was okay and/or "folded up" and start throwing off all our blankets.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • delino said:
    I did something similar. S got up to eat at 5 the other morning and I got her back to sleep a little before DH got up to go to work. I went back to sleep and of course S got up again shortly after. I swore I came outside to see DH snuggling with her and I said 'are you serious she's hungry again I just fed her!' When I did actually wake up 5 minutes later S was crying and DH was calming her down but I didn't have any of the conversation I thought I had with him at all. Of couse he thought it was hilarious. 
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    edited July 2013

sarajim06 said:

I often yell at DH while we're sleeping and tell him not to roll on the baby. (DS has never sleep in our bed lol).

I was so paranoid about this for awhile and LO has never slept with us either! I'd half wake up and frantically ask if the baby was okay and/or "folded up" and start throwing off all our blankets.
    I slept on my back for a while after my c-section, and when I started rolling to my side in my sleep, I'd wake up in a panic that I had rolled into the baby... Who was always sleeping in his bassinet.

It's an awful feeling though!

I've also dreamt twice that he wasn't breathing, and sprung into action, scooping him up and plopping him on the bed in a panic, scaring the poo out of him because he was sound asleep and fine. I definitely felt crazy those nights ! Sleep was so rare at that point that I think my mind couldn't process it!
  • I'm always waking up in a panic thinking that I've fallen asleep in the rocking chair and dropped her on the floor lol Meanwhile she's sound asleep in her crib in her room, and I'm in my bed...

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO sleeps in his crib, but our (spoiled) dog sleeps between us. I usually end up with my arm over her during the night. A few times, I'd wake up and get really confused because I couldn't figure out where the baby was - I'd think I'd been snuggling with the baby, not the puggle. 
  • jmevoljmevol member
    Sometime during the first week home with the baby I said to our daughter "you sweet little puppy." We often say this to our dog and I laughed so hard the second I realized I called my baby a puppy. The even funnier thing is I caught DH saying it once too!!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"