Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bedtime

• Options
    LC122LC122 member
    Bath
    Brush Teeth
    Books
    Bed

If we're lucky. Lately, there has also been a potty request between books and bed.
    And after books, the sound machine goes on, the lights go off, and we sing and cuddle in the glider.
  • Options
    @lc122 did you do any sleep training as a toddler?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD#1 gets PJs, towels,and facecloths for herself (2yrs) and DD#2 (5m) while I close shades and turn on lullaby music on her sound machine and fill the tub.

Both bathe together. I get DD#2 out first and do lotion pjs and give her a few toys on the floor while I get DD#1 out and do lotion, pjs and brush teeth.

DD#1 picks out 3 books and I read with both of them on my Lap.
    DD#1 goes potty and we put on a pull up
    We call Daddy at work to say good night if he is working
    We sing a few songs
    DD#1 get put in her crib with one last sip of water and sound machine turned to rain
    I go to DD#2's room nurse and rock to sleep and put her in her crib

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LC122LC122 member

We haven't yet.
    We have probably been relatively lucky with sleep so far. Not to say that we haven't had our ups and downs. But I have friends who sleep trained and said that every time they had an illness or new teeth or any other major changes, they had to start the training all over again. So, for now, it doesn't seem worth it to us. That being said, we are expecting number two in October and have had a couple nights of bedtime taking longer than usual and it had us wondering how that will work with number two in the mix, especially when my husband travels for work.
  • Options
    LC122 said:
    We haven't yet. We have probably been relatively lucky with sleep so far. Not to say that we haven't had our ups and downs. But I have friends who sleep trained and said that every time they had an illness or new teeth or any other major changes, they had to start the training all over again. So, for now, it doesn't seem worth it to us. That being said, we are expecting number two in October and have had a couple nights of bedtime taking longer than usual and it had us wondering how that will work with number two in the mix, especially when my husband travels for work.
    @lc122 i feel like bedtime is what is making me most nervous about 2u2! I currently nurse to sleep then she gets put into her PNP by our bed and in the middle of the night when shes hungry i bring her into bed with me and depending on whether or no DH is already gone for work she may stay in bed. I could be stressing out way more than i should be. 

jllmb79 that sounds like a great bedtime routine! When did you put them in their own rooms? From day one?

• Options
    For our 1 year old it depends on the day and when she woke up from her afternoon nap. Here is a typical evening schedule:
    3:30-5pm nap
    6:30-7pm eats dinner sometime around that time
    7:45pm bath (sometimes) then Last diaper change/Pjs on
    8:15pm Last cup of milk
    8:30pm teeth brushing then put down for bedtime and she hardly ever fights us
  • Options
    yndsihutson I put DD#2 in her own room once I figured out she could go to bed at the same time as DD#1....which was at 2 months when my husband went back to work. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1199boo said:
    For our 1 year old it depends on the day and when she woke up from her afternoon nap. Here is a typical evening schedule: 3:30-5pm nap 6:30-7pm eats dinner sometime around that time 7:45pm bath (sometimes) then Last diaper change/Pjs on 8:15pm Last cup of milk 8:30pm teeth brushing then put down for bedtime and she hardly ever fights us
    @1199boo did you have to sleep train? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"