November 2012 Moms

a few random baby questions.. who knows what

credcat7credcat7 member
edited July 2013 in November 2012 Moms

1.  Dry diapers.... if they wake with a dry diaper after a full night... I KNOW she drinks a ton sooo is it because she has a cold... hydrate hydrate hydrate?

2. The PINCHING!  Make it stop!!  Puhleeze.... I have tried putting a lovey or anything in her hand but she just keeps pinching....

3. Using the bulb technique?  I know the nose frieda must do a better job cuz the suction bulb seems to not do much at all.... is the tip supposed to fit into her nose or just create a lip around it?? I just don't feel like I get enough out of her nose to make it worth upsetting her

4. Soaking clothes.... do you soak the stained ones in between washing time? In what?  I JUST did all her laundry now I have stained clothes that need something cuz I won't need to do her laundry for a week!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: a few random baby questions.. who knows what

• credcat7 said:

1.  Dry diapers.... if they wake with a dry diaper after a full night... I KNOW she drinks a ton sooo is it because she has a cold... hydrate hydrate hydrate?- Z sometimes wakes with a dry diaper but then goes while drinking his morning diaper and will overflow it sometimes and sometimes it's just really wet. Does this happen? 

2. The PINCHING!  Make it stop!!  Puhleeze.... I have tried putting a lovey or anything in her hand but she just keeps pinching.... No help on this one

3. Using the bulb technique?  I know the nose frieda must do a better job cuz the suction bulb seems to not do much at all.... is the tip supposed to fit into her nose or just create a lip around it?? I just don't feel like I get enough out of her nose to make it worth upsetting her- I use the Frieda but you have to use a saline solution first to loosen things up. The bulb didn't have a long enough suction to get out those long stringy boogers. I don't know how far up it should go though. I would put the bulb in his nose though if I needed to.  

4. Soaking clothes.... do you soak the stained ones in between washing time? In what?  I JUST did all her laundry now I have stained clothes that need something cuz I won't need to do her laundry for a week!-  Make up a bucket of warm soapy (the detergent that you use) water, swish it around and let them soak for a week and then wash them. I did this with a poopy stained blanket and jammies that had been washed and dried and when I washed it again it came out :)

Pregnancy Ticker
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @techgoddess thank I will go try that today for sure...!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I soak H's stained clothes in a bucket of oxyclean. Sorry I'm not helpful with the other questions.

• We had the waking with a dry diaper situation a while back. It happened maybe three or four times. I really have no idea what the issue was, but it hasn't been happening lately. I also agree with PP, when it happened, after he had his morning feed, he would FILL that diaper up. I would just keep an eye on her. If it keeps happening, maybe put a call in to the pedi just to be safe. I was told when it happened for us that it was pretty normal. Who knows really?

Sorry, I am useless on the rest of your questions.

• 1.  Dry diapers.... Some babies don't pee if they are in a deeeeeep sleeeeeep. DS has woken up dry, or very close to it a couple times

2. The PINCHING!  ....pinching during feeding, I hold his hand and tell him it hurts mommy - if it's at other times, try the same thing

3. Using the bulb technique?  .... I've never used the nose Frieda, so I can't comment on it. I've always used just the bulb thingy. DS hasn't had a cold yet, but when DD got them, I would use the bulb to suck the liquidy stuff out, and the snotty stuff to the edge, then I used a qtip (at the edge only) to grab the boogie. Just twirl the tip and the booger rolls onto the qtip. 

4. Soaking Stained clothes.... When we get poop on clothes I have always rinsed in cold water as soon as possible, the squirt liquid hand soap on the spot and rub it in. They have dried before laundry day, but if I can, I re-wet before putting in washer. ... If it's food stains then I either do the liquid hand soap or 'Resolve'/'Spray n Wash and let it sit until next laundry day. 

* I generally only do laundry on Saturdays. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"