March 2014 Moms

Brush your f@&kin teeth!

Hey ladies I'm sure I'm not the only one with a heightened sence of smell as one of my symptoms. Anyways, lately my BF's breath has been making me wanna vomit, like, it's bad! The last couple of days I've noticed that he's not brushing his teeth before he goes to work in the morning and it's making me mad! It's to the point where I don't wanna kiss him or cuddle cuz it smells so bad. Yesterday we got in a big fight cuz he says he doesn't feel like we are as close as we used to be, and I wanted to politely tell him it's because his breath is offensive but I don't know how. He's so sensitive. I don't wanna paint a nasty picture of him because he's very hygienic otherwise and takes pride in how he looks, it's just that one thing... Any ideas on how to tell him nicely?

Re: Brush your f@&kin teeth!

• Can you just blame it on the pregnancy? Tell him you can smell everything times 1,000 and it would help if he brushed first thing? I have smelled both DH and DD's breath in the morning and wondered if it was them or me, but it must just be my crazy sense of smell!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I feel bad for his coworkers!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Ya, your right, he's just sensitive and he feels like I'm picking on him lately. I know it's probably my hormones but every little thing annoys me. I just feel like I shouldn't have to tell a grown man to brush his teeth, but ya, I guess I will.
  • I would just tell him to brush his teeth. Tell him you can smell the cavities forming. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Nowadays, I can't have sex with my husband if he doesn't brush his teeth beforehand. It might "ruin the moment" but I don't think gagging while making out is very sexy either.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel bad for his coworkers!

I know, I should tell him cuz no one else will and I'd sure wanna know!
  • I would tell him to brush his damn teeth. Blame it on pregnancy super smeller. I almost hurled all over a coworker yesterday for the same thing. 

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • I would tell him to brush his damn teeth. Blame it on pregnancy super smeller. I almost hurled all over a coworker yesterday for the same thing. 
    Seriously...I was in a staff meeting the other day--small room with 15 of us sitting around a table.  I could smell everyone's breath.  It was so, so bad.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I hope this doesn't sound mean, but I cannot understand how anyone over 12, much less a grown adult, could not brush their teeth daily. It's basic hygiene. Just the thought of this gives me the willies.
  • I've been super sensitive to smells too and I've been telling DH how aware of our dog's breath I have been lately, so I think he would only find it natural that I can smell his too... maybe you can complain about other smells for the next day or so and then tell him your super sensitivity has struck again and you'd appreciate a good brushing. Might soften the blow!

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • My husband hopped in the shower with me one morning after he had went out drinking with friends the night before. I almost vomited on him in the shower and physically turned him to speak to the wall it was awful. If you can't be honest and tell him his mouth is rank, then you better start getting comfortable.

• Since I've stopped drinking wine, I have a heightened sense of smell for alcohol. My H drinks beer. Every night, just a few. He brushes his teeth before bed, BUT, it lingers. So as we lay in bed, he's asleep and I'm not, and he's unfortunately facing me all gape-mouthed and breathing heavy. The beer breath is horrendous! I usually tell him to face the other way lol
  • jwls84jwls84 member
    I tell people all the time if they have bad breath. If I had bad breath I would want someone to tell me. Sure it's embarrassing but so is walking around with bad breath all day. Also I don't blame you for not wanting to kiss him and if he isn't brushing his teeth at all your relationship is going to suffer. You need to tell him
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Just told my husband this morning that his breath was not so wonderful...I brush my teeth the second I'm up, I don't know how he can wait!
  • I am glad someone else has brought this to attention.. my DH has always had bad breath.. he brushes his teeth and uses mouthwash and an hour later it is stinky again.. I keep telling him to go get his teeth cleaned. I swear since I got pregnant it smells so much worse.. I don't even want to kiss him anymore.. and the worst part about it is at church when we sing thats all I can smell. I try to back up so the smell doesn't come my way.. but, yeah.. it's gross! Honestly I just want to take him and scrub his mouth with toothpaste for about 10 minutes, lol.

He says "we don't kiss anymore".. and I tell him it is because his breath stinks.. and he says he can't help it. I even feed him mints sometimes, lol.

It embarrasses me that my DH has bad breath.. and I know I can't be the only one smelling it.

:-S

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• I've broken up with people for this reason BEFORE I was pregnant. It makes me want to vom just thinking about it now that I AM pregnant. I've been brushing three times a day because my own mouth grosses me out!
  • Sense of smell x1000! Hahaha sooooo true! Just tell him nicely in a sweet way! Then after he does give him a big kiss and some love! A little appreciation goes a long way! Also, keep gum near by at all time! I keep spray in my purse, if something smells bad I just spray some yummies in my area!
  • Maddeegal said:

Sense of smell x1000! Hahaha sooooo true! Just tell him nicely in a sweet way! Then after he does give him a big kiss and some love! A little appreciation goes a long way! Also, keep gum near by at all time! I keep spray in my purse, if something smells bad I just spray some yummies in my area!

See, there's nothing wrong with wanting to do it in a sweet way. I love him, I'm not trying to insult him. Thanks for the spray idea, that's awesome, cuz his breath isn't the only thing buggin my nose, it's everything! I've tried the gum trick, he chews it for like two minutes and spits it out. Doh!
  • I work with a lady whose breath used to bug me before I got pregnant. Now I can smell it from across the room, no joke it's horrendous.

Just tell him, he'll understand x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"