March 2014 Moms
Options

Changing lines on pregnancy test?!

I wasn't going to ask you ladies, but I figured I should so I can see who else has experienced this.

I was POAS at least twice a week the first few weeks I knew I was pregnant (8 to be exact). I'm now 7w1d. At first, the pregnancy tests (the kind with the two lines) would do the same thing - the line on the right would appear right away (this is the control line I believe) and then slowly, after 1-2 minutes, the line on the left would appear and be about half as dark, but yet, noticeably present.

Last week I took the last two pregnancy tests. Both times, the line of the left got dark pink immediately... and then the control line came in a little lighter.

On the tests, it says one line may be darker than the other. I googled this issue, most women ended up calling First Response and talking to the reps, and almost all responses told me that when the line of the left gets darker, it means your HCG levels are increasing and that the pregnancy line is darker because of that - taking more "ink" I guess from the control line.

This ever happen to anyone?! It made me feel much better, but my first doctors appointment is Monday and the closer I get to it the more nervous I get. I've been feeling great - no spotting, no cramping - just bloating, gas, a little queasy before I get breakfast in. Thank you !!!

Re: Changing lines on pregnancy test?!

• Options
    If I understand what you are saying...yes. When i took my first test the test line came up before the control line. 

When I took another test the next week (just to see if the line was darker) the same happened and the test line was a lot darker than the control line. The more HCG in your system, the darker the line (or at least that's what they say). 

I'm done peeing on things for now...
  • Options
    Yes, that's exactly what's happening.  The test line is pulling ink from the control line.  My advice, stop taking tests.  You're pregnant.  Good luck.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    RseedRseed member
    I have stopped, once that happened. I get paranoid sometimes because my mother miscarried and had problems conceiving me... just cant wait to get to the doctor Monday. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I had to run out of tests before I would stop taking them - and analyzing them :)  It's hard not to! Good luck at the doctor!
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Options
    ha, the same thing happened to me last week and I was also freaked out and googled it! Totally normal and actually a good thing! That means your hcg levels are very high

photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"