February 2014 Moms

Telling multiple levels of bosses....

So at my job I have 3 levels of "bosses" that will need to know I'm pregnant. 1) My immediate boss, our CFO, whom I plan to tell in person Tuesday when he returns from vacation. I still haven't figured out what to say but probably something along the lines of "I'm finally past the safe point so it's time to let you know DH and I are expecting!". 2) the Chief of Staff, who is amazing and awesome and sweet. I could tell her in person and most likely get an immediate bearhug. And 3) The president and CEO of the company. He is a great guy, but I don't have to deal with him one-on-one barely at all and telling him in person would most likely be uncomfortable.

Also bear in mind that since October 2012 I will be the 6th employee to have a baby. That's a lot of babies for a small company of 30 people! There have been jokes going around that our president needs to open up a daycare of all the employees' children!

So I was thinking of sending the following email to the Chief of Staff and President:

Get the blueprints ready! (subject)

(Company name) may truly be in need of a daycare soon :)  I'm happy to finally be able to tell you that DH and I are expecting a baby, due mid-February 2014.

Katie

Opinions?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Telling multiple levels of bosses....

• I would tell your immediate in person and ask for advice on how to inform the other two.

I agree. Its best to start with your immediate supervisor and take it from there. I'm always weary of these types of announcements in a corporate setting... but you know the culture best!

• I told my immediate supervisor first and let him pass it on up the chain which I assume he has done by now!  That's complicated because he's in Boston and I'm in Atlanta as is the rest of the "chain."  Tomorrow, I have a meeting with the whole chain including VTC with my supervisor on the line.  If the chain doesn't know yet, they will certainly figure it out when I walk in tomorrow b/c my bloat is officially looking like baby so there is really no hiding it anymore.  It could be a VERY interesting meeting tomorrow!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"