Late Term and Child Loss
Options

GTKY

NoetholaNoethola member
edited July 2013 in Late Term and Child Loss
***I believe being able to talk about our little ones is therapeutic. Therefore, in this GTKY, there are some questions related to your angel baby. You do not have to answer them if it makes you uncomfortable or sad.*** 

Where you named after anyone?

Is your angel baby named after anyone of special significance to you?

What is the first thing you notice about someone you just meet?

What was the first thing you noticed about your little one if you were able to see them?

Random Question: Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

Re: GTKY

• Options
    Where you named after anyone? I was named after my grandmother (Jeannette) and a family friend (Maureen). 

Is your angel baby named after anyone of special significance to you? Her first name was all her own. We couldn't find any family with that name in our trees. Her middle name was a mix. My grandmother, mother and I all have middle names with the "-een" ending. So, I did a take on that. Her middle name means Peace, which was also very important to us, especially with all that was happening through losing her.

What is the first thing you notice about someone you just meet? Usually their eyes and handshake (if you get one).

What was the first thing you noticed about your little one if you were able to see them? All her hair! I was really surprised by how much hair she had. 

Random Question: Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I do untie my shoes before I take them off.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options

Where you named after anyone? No

Is your angel baby named after anyone of special significance to you?  No just picked out a name that we liked and both agreed on.

What is the first thing you notice about someone you just meet?  Their facial features and gestures.

What was the first thing you noticed about your little one if you were able to see them?
    All of her hair and her even skin tone.  I was surprised bc I was pretty bald as a baby.  Also my husband is white and I'm native american with darker skin so I didn't know who she would take after.

Random Question: Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No I leave them a little loosely tied so I can just slip in and out of them easier.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was named after a soap opera character.  The funny thing is that the characters married last name is now my married last name.  

Her first name, Isabelle, was a compromise reached by DH and I.  For years we planned to name our first daughter Abigail, but just 2 months before we got out BFP, his cousin used the name.  So, back to the drawing board.  DH suggested Isabella and I said I liked Isabelle better.  Her middle name, Patricia, was in honor of my grandmother.

Usually their hair.  I have crazy, curly hair and I am usually envious of other people's hair, lol.

Her hair.  She had lots of it and it was curly, like little finger waves.  It was brown with highlights of blonde and red.  So beautiful.  Also, the fact that she looked just like her daddy.  She was his girl for sure.  

Not usually
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Options
    angelsnightangelsnight member
    edited July 2013
    Ticker warning

Where you named after anyone?  My brother had a little friend name Amy when I was born, so he suggested it and my parents liked it.

Is your angel baby named after anyone of special significance to you?  Her first name Kayla, was MH's favorite for years.  He even told me on our second date that if he ever had a daughter he wanted to name her that.  Her middle name Kathryn is after her grandma (my mom) who passed away in 2004.

What is the first thing you notice about someone you just meet? Their personality, whether they are easy to talk to or awkward.  Whether or not we just click....some people just ooze likeability and I generally like them right away, or not.

What was the first thing you noticed about your little one if you were able to see them?  How teeny and perfect her features were, and that she had my nose, lips, and chin.

Random Question: Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?  No
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options

Were you named after anyone? my first name is my mom's name but my middle name (what I go by- Lauren) is just a name she really liked

Is your angel baby named after anyone of special significance to you?no, it took us a loonnnng time to name her, I think 7 months.  I couldn't think of anything that felt right.  After reading a book I thought of bunny, because it is just a cute, innocent little creature.  We also see bunnies running along the road a lot where we live, so it feels like she is saying hi.  I like having those connections to her.

What is the first thing you notice about someone you just meet? hmm....not really sure...I guess just how friendly/not friendly they are

What was the first thing you noticed about your little one if you were able to see them?the dr.'s went on and on and on about how long her femurs were...at first we thought they were saying that this indicated more of what was wrong but they corrected us and told us that she was just going to be a tall little girl just like her daddy.  They said that it was a good sign that everything else was healthy so this shouldn't happen again.  I love that she got DH's long legs and it just makes her all the more real to me

Random Question: Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? usually not unless DH is watching...it drives him crazy when I don't.

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options
    ***SIGGY***

Where you named after anyone? I wasn't, no. My parents just chose my name because they liked it.

Is your angel baby named after anyone of special significance to you? Nope. I just saw the name one day and liked it. I don't think H was sold on it [he wanted Jacoby], but from the second I saw the name online somewhere, I knew it was the one I wanted to name our son.

What is the first thing you notice about someone you just meet? His/her handshake. I was taught in high school to have a firm, confident grip with a handshake; I always have a good first impression if a person has a firm handshake. Weird, I know.

What was the first thing you noticed about your little one if you were able to see them? He looked SO much like his big brother. My goodness. They were literally a splitting image. And he had so much hair!

Random Question: Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No. I'm lazy. :P [even though it creates more work when I have to put the blasted shoes back on...]

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Where you named after anyone? Nope

Is your angel baby named after anyone of special significance to you? No she wasn't

What is the first thing you notice about someone you just meet?I notice their eyes first usually

What was the first thing you noticed about your little one if you were able to see them?her super chubby cheeks but she did weigh 10lbs 3 oz , she looked just like her big sister

Random Question: Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?nope

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Options

***siggy warning***

No but my name was changed right after I was born, was supposed to be Melissa - I'm Jessica

Corbin was just a name we liked, Scott is my dad's name

Their eyes

His eyes.  They were just so sweet.  I called them his peepers and was always asking if I could see them.  That's where his nick-name of Mr. Peepers came from

What are shoes?  I don't really go anywhere so I'm barefoot a lot.  when I do leave and come home I don't untie them unless I can't take them off without doing it.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Options
    ***ticker warning***

Where you named after anyone? Yes, I was named after my mother's parents. Her dad was Eric and I am Erica and my middle name is her mother's maiden name.

Yes. In the Jewish tradition you name after deceased family members. They can be distant or closely related, but usually you name after a family member or use the same first letter of a name. Although never after someone who is still living. We named Alice after my mom's mother who was also Alice. She doesn't have a middle name because we hadn't settled on an official name as we were waiting for our anatomy scan to find out if we were having a boy or girl. I think of her as Alice Grace though.

What is the first thing you notice about someone you just meet? If they have laugh lines around their eyes. And their fingernails.

What was the first thing you noticed about your little one if you were able to see them? Even at just shy of 21 weeks how much she looked like her older brother. And she had super long fingers and toes just like my brother and my grandmother who she was named after. We always tease my brother and say he has Grandma Alice hands. Baby Alice had those same hands.

Random Question: Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I usually wear danskos so I don't deal with shoelaces very often.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Where you named after anyone?I was named after a childhood friend of my Mom's

Is your angel baby named after anyone of special significance to you?Nope but Ana is named after princess Anastasia from russia. My husband always liked the story :) and Maeve is the name of the queen of the fairies in mythology. :) So she is our Fairy piricness

Usually the eyes
    Just how her face looked, and how much she looked like her Daddy and I. Her little rosebud mouth, my nose, and Daddy's chin. She was so, so beautiful. It was so hard at the same time because she was limp.
    Nope!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    Ticker warning

Where you named after anyone?  My brother had a little friend name Amy when I was born, so he suggested it and my parents liked it.

Is your angel baby named after anyone of special significance to you?  Her first name Kayla, was MH's favorite for years.  He even told me on our second date that if he ever had a daughter he wanted to name her that.  Her middle name Kathryn is after her grandma (my mom) who passed away in 2004.

What is the first thing you notice about someone you just meet? Their personality, whether they are easy to talk to or awkward.  Whether or not we just click....some people just ooze likeability and I generally like them right away, or not.

What was the first thing you noticed about your little one if you were able to see them?  How teeny and perfect her features were, and that she had my nose, lips, and chin.

Random Question: Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?  No
    Same here! I had no choice...but over the years, it grew on me: )

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    Were you named after anyone?
    Sarah was my father's grandmother and Elizabeth was my mom's aunt.

Leah Naomi - no one we know, just love the names.  Rachel Elizabeth - Elizabeth is my middle name.   Gabriel Andrew - Andrew is my DH's name.

Face and behavior - are you outgoing or shy

I noticed how they all had such long fingers!  As a piano player, I like to believe that they all would be excellent candidates!

Yep!
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CranangCranang member
    edited July 2013
    Noethola said:
    ***I believe being able to talk about our little ones is therapeutic. Therefore, in this GTKY, there are some questions related to your angel baby. You do not have to answer them if it makes you uncomfortable or sad.*** 

Where you named after anyone?  I don't think so.  Angela was a pretty common name in the late 70's, so I think I was just part of the trend.

Is your angel baby named after anyone of special significance to you?  We decided on Celeste because my husband is an amateur astronomer.  Telescopes, dragging me out to look at Jupiter at 2am, etc. :-).  And we both loved the name.  As for Noelle, my dad's mn, which was what everyone called him, was Leon.  Noel is Leon backwards and made more feminine.  I guess it's a leap, but we know what it means and where we got it.

What is the first thing you notice about someone you just meet? Probably their smile and eyes...unless they're wearing sandals and it's their feet.  Don't judge. :-)  I just have a thing with nasty feet...and I always notice when someone doesn't take care of them.

What was the first thing you noticed about your little one if you were able to see them?  I couldn't believe, and still to this day can't believe, the head of dark thick hair she had.  My DH has dark hair, but he was blond as a baby and almost bald.  I was born with ORANGE fuzz (it wasn't pretty), and didn't really start growing hair until after my first birthday.  Sabrina came out blond and baldish.  But Celeste had lots of dark hair.  And her sweet little lips...they are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen to this day.

Random Question: Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?  Heck no.  I'm lazy I guess.  I RARELY wear shoes that tie, so when I wear my running shoes, they go on and off until they get too loose and then there's a re-tie LOL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"