January 2014 Moms
Options

cautionary tale - abdominal pressure

Firstly, hi ladies, I'm officially back in Canada! I have actually spent a lot of time over the last few days catching back up on the posts I missed, so I don't feel as out of the loop, yay! Still have to figure out new format, sigs, and especially pics cuz I want to get in on hump day bump day soon!

K now for my cautionary tale: I have been feeling some abdominal pain that felt like pressure, pretty low and nothing crazy, and just assumed it was baby growing. It's been there whenever I shift in bed, get up, walk etc but slowly slowly increasing - last day or two it has also felt it even more when i go pee. from reading TB i finally started thinking this may not be normal.

I'm so glad I went to the doctor cuz it turns out I have a bladder infection! I probably would have noticed the symptoms way sooner if I hadn't assumed it was a normal pregnancy thing, so I just thought I would put it out there since bladder infections (and UTI, kidney etc) seem to be more common during pregnancy already.

Re: cautionary tale - abdominal pressure

• Options
    Yikes! Hope you feel better soon.

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    Welcome back :) I am glad you went the doctor too! I hope the infection clears up and you are feeling better soon!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome back! glad you got it checked out.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Options
    Welcome back! Feel better soon!!
  • Options
    Welcome back, hope you get better soon!
  • Options
    Welcome back! I hope you feel better soon!
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options
    LuGal623LuGal623 member
    edited July 2013
    @alinafed Can I be dumb and ask for an anatomy lesson on where the pressure started? I too have been having abdominal pressure mostly lower left side and wasn't sure if this was also just baby or something else moving around. Did you have any other symptoms?  Not sure what to chalk up to being pregnant or something is really going on.  TIA!

ETA: Also glad you are feeling better and thankful you posted this!
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome back. Glad you went in! I basically had no symptoms with my kidney infection, either. :)
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    Yikes! I'm glad you got it checked out and hope you feel better soon! 

Also, welcome back!!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    So glad you got it checked!  I hope you feel better asap :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    LuGal623 said:
    @alinafed Can I be dumb and ask for an anatomy lesson on where the pressure started? I too have been having abdominal pressure mostly lower left side and wasn't sure if this was also just baby or something else moving around. Did you have any other symptoms?  Not sure what to chalk up to being pregnant or something is really going on.  TIA!

ETA: Also glad you are feeling better and thankful you posted this!
    @LuGal623: Hope tagging you works this way. So it was very low i.e. kind of like around/just above my pubic bone which is why I figured it was baby. It's basically exactly where I think the baby feels like it should be (though clearly it must be my bladder). Sometimes its more on one side or the other as well. Basically when it hurts while I pee it is between my pubic bone and belly button, probably lower than halfway.
    As for symptoms no this was the only one - they kept asking if I am peeing more often (um pregnant so I dunno) and if I have burning when I pee (probably why its a bladder infection not a UTI since I don't have this at all). None of the other normal symptoms I've read about other than this pain.

I'm not a doctor, the only thing I will say if you are thinking yours might be similar is it's not exactly like a cramp or like the stretchy feeling it's a bit more like a pressure/light pain than that. I really thought it was normal and baby was just pushing around in there, the only thing that made me question is other Jan 2014 moms posting about pressure/pain and people suggesting UTIs. I hope it's more clear to you soon if yours is something to worry about or just baby-related.

Everyone else - thanks for the warm welcome back! Love you ladies!

• Options
    Welcome back and eep! I hope you feel better soon! I remember I had a UTI when I was 5 weeks... I thought the cramping and pain was normal pregnancy...until the meds cleared it up and I felt nothing. Bleh! Our bodies are crazy-- - feel better!! XO
    CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"