December 2013 Moms
Options

Running mamas - how is it going?

I'm 21.5 weeks and its getting harder! I still enjoy my 3 ish mile jogs but I start out very stiff and slow. It takes about a mile for my bladder to stop hating me then another mile to fully loosen up and hit a decent stride. Then I feel great but I only have a mile left to go! Hoping to keep it up, we will see

How is running treating everyone else? Any experience from previous pregnancies? I worked out but didn't run last time

Re: Running mamas - how is it going?

• Options
    The beginning is rough for me also. In fact the entire first half sucks. I also have to plan my runs around bathroom breaks. So that means either treadmill or running trails at our rec center where they have outdoor restrooms. I'm getting in 4-5 miles but it takes a while, anywhere from 45 mins to an hour. Also I wasn't wearing my good lulu shorts last weekend when I did 4.5 mi. On the treadmill and got chub rub so bad that I still have scabs! Ugh gross!

Honestly every day that I'm still running or going to bootcamp classes over just walking I consider a huge victory because I've never made it this far into a pregnancy still working out at this level.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RLP has me sidelined -- it's the only time I ever feel it, so I decided to slow my roll around week 14, the last time I ran more than five miles.  I tried to get going again two weeks ago but it just has started to not feel as therapeutic and awesome and I spend a lot of the time picturing the baby bouncing around in there.  Now I'm race-walking long distances and going on long hikes on the weekends.  The weird thing is I find my pee frequency hasn't really increased much, but I feel like I'm definitely in the minority there.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not a "runner" by any means, but I usually run for 20 min as a warm-up when I go to the gym.  I used to get in over 2 miles in that time, but now I'm lucky to be jogging for even half of it, haha.  Mostly the fatigue is getting me.  I go to the gym after work, and by then I'm so tired it's hard to run the whole time.  :(  I figure that something is better than nothing though!
  • Options
    I already have the day planned that I can run again. I'm on no-running this whole pregnancy and I'm about to die. My birthday is in January so on that day, I vow to drink a bottle of wine, eat absurd amounts of sushi and run again for the first time in months!
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I already have the day planned that I can run again. I'm on no-running this whole pregnancy and I'm about to die. My birthday is in January so on that day, I vow to drink a bottle of wine, eat absurd amounts of sushi and run again for the first time in months!
    Hopefully not in that order.  ;)
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    Doing well! I have been doing anywhere from 25-30 miles a week. The first mile usually sucks. A little crampy and stiff and just blah, but then it gets better. I do have to take frequent bathroom breaks which is very annoying.

With DD I ran 22 miles a week up to 35 weeks. Then she shifted to my sciatic nerve and could barely walk. I am hoping to make it just as far this time :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ugh... it's going. But I'm getting plowed at work between my 2 jobs so I've got no energy. I'm still hitting 3 miles fine, but like OP and PP's the beginning sucks and my bladder is usually pretty angry for the first half. I'm a little nervous about how I'm going to jump back in after this baby and how long it's going to take to get me back at the level I was. Did I mention I'm also registered for Houston Half in January? I'm sure it's going to be far off from a PR, but I'm still going to be devastated I'm sure because I've never taken longer than 2 hours for a half and I'm sure this will be the one I do.
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • Options
    KateVAKateVA member
    I'm not a distance runner, I prefer the 5k! And I only run 2-3 times per week, and crossfit 5-6 times which does involved shorter runs. I think the heat is part of the issue for me, i've slower waaay down (like an 11 minute mile when I used to run sub-9) but I'm hoping if I can hang on until September, it might get better
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"