Stay at Home Moms

Please just lie to me -

edited July 2013 in Stay at Home Moms

and tell me it gets better... easier... not as hard... something!?!?!  I've read those blog posts on the net that talk about that it just gets different and that's fine... I sort of look forward to different at this point.  Right now I have a 15 month old and a 34 month old and I'm struggling.  Infact this morning I told DH I needed to go back to work fulltime.  While we initially thought putting our babies into daycare 40+ hours a week made us sad, I almost feel like they'd have more fun, and a better time at daycare than in my care.  And as a serious cop out, then I'd have less of the waking hours to have to discipline, how pathetic is that.

I think I was cut out to be pregnant, give birth and have a baby - after about 12 months... the whole euphoric feeling wears off and all that's left is a defiant toddler.  I love my kids more than life and hate feeling this way, but I'm not sure I'm even happy right now.  Will I be happier in 6 months?  When DC#2 can verbalize his wants easier?  When DC#1 listens better (I can hear the chorus of laughter), or when she atleast can respond to reason alittle more?  I don't know.  I'm wondering how you all do it long term.  It's still 3 years before DD goes to kindergarden.  And 4 for DS.

I get out for activities and playdates, I (like most moms) don't take enough time for myself but try.  I'm overwhelmed by all I have to do about 80% of the time and the other 20% I'm ignoring all of it for a few minutes of veg time infront of the TV to check out.

How do I get back that lovin' feeling?  Is it possible?  Am I just not cut out to be a stay at home mom to toddlers/kids (just babies)?  How sad it makes me to put my kids in daycare now, but not sure making them stay at home with me is better for them! :( )

Sorry for the sob story.  Just need support apparently!

Re: Please just lie to me -

• Why is it sad that you're not cut out to be home full time with two toddlers? It's not for everyone. I dont think anyone finds it sad when dAd needs to go to work-why is there such a different expectation of mothers? Everyone has their phases that they don't particularly enjoy. For me I disliked the pregnancy/newborn thing. I worked part time days from the time my son was born until the time my daughter was one. I quit to sah full time during the day. I could have never handled that change before my youngest reached toddlerhood. I vote you try to find a part time job and see if you like working better. The great thing about this "job" is if you don't feel the grass is greener on the other side you can just quit and go back to sah.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"