September 2013 Moms

XP: Where can I get this hat?

atcwagatcwag member
edited July 2013 in September 2013 Moms
DH and I are team green and recently went to Carter's to pick out coming home outfits for our LO. 

We picked out this outfit/bib for a baby boy:

https://www.carters.com/null/Terry-Snap-Up-Sleep-Play/886149371061,default,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-boy-one-piece-sleep-and-play&start=

https://www.carters.com/carters/Terry-Teething-Bib/V_128-817,default,pd.html?dwvar_V__128-817_color=Turquoise&cgid=&start=

And this outfit for a little girl:
https://www.carters.com/carters/3-piece-Bodysuit-Pant-Set/VM_121B687,default,pd.html?dwvar_VM__121B687_color=Pink&cgid=carters-baby-girl-sets-pant-sets-bodysuit&start=

The "problem" is that we really, really want to get the hat from this set:
https://www.carters.com/carters/4-piece-Outfit-Set/V_121B675,default,pd.html?dwvar_V__121B675_color=Blue&cgid=carters-baby-baby-boy-sets&start=
but it's not sold separately.  We thought about just buying this as our "boy" outfit, but weren't fans of the fact that it says "Auntie's Little Monster".  I've checked Ebay and Amazon with no luck, other than just buying the set. 

Anyone have any ideas of where I may find just the hat?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: XP: Where can I get this hat?

• Why not just buy the outfit and use the hat with your other outfit? Maybe look in the Carter's hat sets and see if its in one of them.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • atcwagatcwag member
    blinnea23 said:
    Why not just buy the outfit and use the hat with your other outfit? Maybe look in the Carter's hat sets and see if its in one of them.
    We could do that, but we were trying to avoid that since we already have a "boy" outfit.  I know it's silly, but we have tons of hand-me-downs and second-hand finds, so we were trying to avoid paying that much for an outfit (I know, it's really not that much!).

We checked all the hats....and asked the store employees....no luck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Can they wear the hat the hospital gives them?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • atcwagatcwag member
    Can they wear the hat the hospital gives them?
    Well, absolutely....baby is going to wear "hospital clothes" while we're at the hospital, but we did get special coming home outfits and were hoping to get the hat that matched the outfit.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I say just get it.  The hat is super cute and the rest can be used later.  Or if it's a girl and you don't want to do that, you can give to someone else.
    4 years TTC including countless tests, 2 surgeries, and one failed IUI
    Scheduled IVF for April 2013--SURPRISE, don't need it! DD Born 9/7/13 
    Ectopic pregnancy Sep/Oct 2014 ended in surgery, and many trips to the ER
    Miracle #3: EDD 11/28/16

• atcwag said:

blinnea23 said:

Why not just buy the outfit and use the hat with your other outfit? Maybe look in the Carter's hat sets and see if its in one of them.

We could do that, but we were trying to avoid that since we already have a "boy" outfit.  I know it's silly, but we have tons of hand-me-downs and second-hand finds, so we were trying to avoid paying that much for an outfit (I know, it's really not that much!).

We checked all the hats....and asked the store employees....no luck.

I know exactly what you mean. I have not bought a new outfit for our LO yet. They're all from yard sales!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Etsy has some knit hats...but that hat is actually easy to make...find a royal blue hat...some orange material for the horns...then you can do one of two things hand sew the face on using material...or if you know anyone that has a really good sewing machine you can stich it on.... and you can make the monster more original this way!
  • I would either get the outfit that had the hat that you wanted and IF you had a boy you will have an extra outfit for him and if not, you can gift it to someone else who is having a boy. If you go the Etsy route between the cost of having it made and the cost of shipping you may end up paying more for one hat you may or may not use than you would just getting the outfit.
  • I would just buy the set. I know you already have a boy outfit, but it's not like baby won't wear it or you couldn't gift it to someone. If they don't sell the hat separately on the website then I'm guessing they don't sell it on it's own.
    Due September 4th! Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love the boy outfits and have them in almost every size! The nursery is done in monsters so everyone decided to buy us both of those outfits. Check Kohl's as well. While returning the 6 (yes I wrote 6) monster pjs in 0-3 I found out that some where from Carters and some from Kohls. They might have some other monster options for you. Target also has some cute monster stuff now and The Disney Store has them now as will since Monster University came out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I say buy the whole outfit!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"