Trouble TTC
Options

N3TR: NOLA?

DH and I are vacationing to New Orleans in a few weeks.  Anyone been?  Have suggestions for things to do or places to eat? TIA.  

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: N3TR: NOLA?

• Options

I always love ACME Oyster Bar.  Brennans is great for brunch - pricey, but amazing food and a great experience.  A friend went to Verdi Marte, which is apparently where Brand & Angelina go a lot, and said it was good.  Really, so much food is good there...I would just say to avoid the generic/chain places and try as many unique places as you can.

The best thing we did on our last trip was that one of the nights we skipped Bourbon St. and went to Frenchmen St. - it was recommended by my friend who lives there.  It's where more of the locals go and has a ton of Jazz clubs.  We ended up at this lively place where the band played amongst the crowd and everyone was dancing.  It was my favorite thing we've ever done there.

And one of the times we went, we did a ghost tour, and it was a lot of fun.  And our camera was totally acting up throughout the whole tour, which kinda freaked me out.

See, now I got all worked up thinking about NOLA, and I want to go back :P  I'm jealous!

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Options
    Thanks so much @gsancho !  We had only been planning to stay one night in NOLA and then go on to Gulf Shores with family, but the Gulf Shores part of the trip has been cancelled so now we are staying a whole week in NOLA.  I am looking forward to it, but still trying to figure out what to do and where to eat! 

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have not been since 2000 but loved it!! Enjoy your trip.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options

We've been a few times. We do long weekends there about once a year. I can't remember the places we ate but the best one was on Fulton Street. When we went in April we did a lot of just walking around and exploring. We went on the swamp boat tour which was fun. You get to see gators real close and you get to hold a baby gator. We also got to do to ghost tour for free (got vouchers when we booked our trip) It was interesting. Learned a lot of history, not sure if it was worth the $$ but definitely fun for free.

Obviously check out Bourbon St. Check out Fulton St. Go to the French Marketplace. Check out Jackson Sq. And go to Café du Monde. Now I want to go back!

TTC since March 2012

DX PCOS, HSG Clear, SA Low Morphology

4/13 - 7/13: Clomid 50mg twice, Clomid 100mg once

8/13 - 11/13: New RE & Redoing all tests

12/13: Hopefully start Femera 2.5mg

• Options
    shelbeans82shelbeans82 member
    edited July 2013
    Ohhh I just went in March and it was great!  We breezed through Bourbon street just to say we were there, and had a Hurricane at Pat OBriens.  We had a better one at Lafitte's Blackshop (also supposed to be the oldest functioning business in NOLA?) We took a historic walking tour w/ La Vie Orleans which was great - we found a groupon for it for $10pp, I liked that it wasn't cheesy.  We got coffee at Cafe Du Monde (DH had a beignet, I can't eat them due to gluten intolerance).  We also ate at the Green Goddess which was delicious, Jacque-Imo's (rec by a friend/local) was a hike (and by that I mean a long cab ride) and a long wait BUT delicious, the Camellia Grill (the MOST delicious omelette I have ever eaten, and we saw Paula Deen).  We also went to the aquarium which was ok, took the streetcar to the cemetaries and also to Charles St (we had Macaroons and gelato/ice cream at Sucre in the Garden District) and took a self guided walking tour of the Garden District also (I think I found it online).  I hope you have a great time!
    EDIT: and I also second going to Frenchman Street.  They have great jazz performances every night, I really enjoyed that bands/groups that we saw.  It is a little sketchy, so just be aware. We went to the Spotted Cat.
                        imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
  • Options
    Firstly, you must foot cafe du monde and get a beignet. The aquarium is really nice. I enjoy just walking around the French quarter and going in the little shops. I wouldn't venture too far from the quarter because it can get sketchy. The street performers are fun and if you are into a good time the bourbon street is the place to go at night. Just step over the passed out drunk people, they will be fine...eventually. Have fun!! There is a nice ferry you can go in in the canal and a walk along the canal that is nice. It's all close to the French quarter.

**** TICKER WARNING***

TTC#1 since March 2012
    Diagnosis: Anovulatory
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (very slightly abnormal- RE not concerned)
     Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013 <br>
    April-October, 2013: Femara + Trigger + IUI#1-6= BFN <br>
    11/13/13- BFP
    Beta- 932
    U/S#1- 12/3/13 6w6d- Heart beat of 142-singleton- Most beautiful sound I have ever heard!
    U/S#2- 12/23/13 9w5d
    2/20/14: Perfect a/s and we are TEAM BLUE!!!
    http://abedilife.blogspot.com

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We went there for a wedding a few years ago and had such a great time! Definitely go to Cafe du Monde... totally worth the wait. We also had a great time on the swamp tour. Have fun!

TTC since 4/2012
    Started testing 5/2013: all clear, official diagnosis is "unexplained infertility"
    7/2013: first round of Clomid + TI
    8/2013: more bloodwork, low progesterone, low estradiol
    9,10,11,12/2013: TI + hcg injections 3,5,7,9DPO
    1/2014: Clomid + hcg trigger + TI
    2/2014: Clomid + hcg trigger + TI, natural cycle due to cyst
    3/2014: Clomid + hcg trigger + IUI #1
    4/2014: hcg trigger + IUI #1.2
    5,6/2014: on a mental/emotional health break
    7/2014: hcg trigger + IUI #1.3
    8/2014: first succesful IUI! (but no bfp)
    9/2014: IUI #2
    10/2014: hcg + IUI #3
    11/2014: SHG (fibroid not an issue)
    12/2014: Clomid + hcg + IUI #4
    1/2015: Clomid + hcg + Estrace + IUI #5

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"