December 2013 Moms

Need super special ideas for DDs bday

Okay I haven't posted much on here so here's some background. My DS is 5, and DD will be 4 two days after my due date (Dec 16). I already know I'm having my third csection on or around Dec 9/10...little girl with have her birthday smashed between baby being born and Christmas...

All of that said, I'm starting to look for ideas to make my DD's birthday super special. It will be quite the transition for her to no longer be the baby of the family but on top of that to have the transition right on top of her birthday. Poor girl! You ladies have any ideas of how to make her feel like the most important that day?

Best Answers

• Loading the player...
  • 74dragonfly74dragonfly member
    Answer ✓
    I'd do the party before the c section. And let her pick the cake. On her birthday a Daddy/daughter breakfast sounds great. Then let her pick dinner, ordering pizza or you make her favorite. I also give a balloon with the number of their age. 4 is a great age. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Answers

• jamrosj said:

Okay I haven't posted much on here so here's some background. My DS is 5, and DD will be 4 two days after my due date (Dec 16). I already know I'm having my third csection on or around Dec 9/10...little girl with have her birthday smashed between baby being born and Christmas...

All of that said, I'm starting to look for ideas to make my DD's birthday super special. It will be quite the transition for her to no longer be the baby of the family but on top of that to have the transition right on top of her birthday. Poor girl! You ladies have any ideas of how to make her feel like the most important that day?

My friend has the sweetest birthday tradition with his girls. Every birthday they go out to breakfast, just daddy and daughter in her fanciest dress and gets to order whatever she likes. It could be either of you, but I don't know if you'll be up to it that soon. 

Love that idea! And yes that is one of my biggest concerns...being up for partying with 4 yr olds and also only being able to leave the new baby for short periods of time since I plan on BF. but she would totally love breakfast with her daddy! Writing that one down!

• Thanks ladies! Great ideas!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"