March 2014 Moms

Telling family this weekend

So we have decided that we are ready to tell our parents this weekend (I'll be about 9 weeks).  Just wondering if anyone had any cool ways they told their family.  The last time I was pregnant we told everyone right away and I printed out a little poem from the Baby and framed it.  I cant really do that again...honestly I'll probably just say "Guess what!  We're gonna have a baby!".  Not really sure....ideas?
brideandgroom4 ceremony20 brideandgroom11

Married 9/8/07

BFP on 12/30/12, EDD 9/6/13, u/s at 8w no HB MMC 2/4/13

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Telling family this weekend

• We are also telling our parents this weekend!! (super nervous!) I'll be 8 weeks. I bought Detroit Tiger's onesies (we are Tigers family all around) and I printed out the words "Opening Day March 2014" and stuck it on the front of each one. I already have them wrapped up and ready to go.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • We are telling our parents after our u/s (7th) and I got frames that say love at first sight and were going to make copies of our u/s to give to them. :) good luck! I'm super nervous already!
  • Loading the player...
  • We are telling our parents after our u/s (7th) and I got frames that say love at first sight and were going to make copies of our u/s to give to them. :) good luck! I'm super nervous already!
    That is a cute idea! We weren't going to tell anyone until after our u/s, until we found out we won't have one until 12 weeks. Seems too long to wait to tell the family.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • We told our parents last weekend. I love Christmas so we had Christmas ornaments made that said "soon to be proud new grandparents" they loved them
  • Ok...I think I'm going to decorate a onesie.  Should I just make 3 of the same (baby will have 3 sets of grandparents).  What should they say?  I was thinking "Baby Reid due March 2014"....is that stupid?
    brideandgroom4 ceremony20 brideandgroom11

Married 9/8/07

BFP on 12/30/12, EDD 9/6/13, u/s at 8w no HB MMC 2/4/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DiMamaDiMama member
    My mom baked a pink and blue cake to serve as dessert at a family dinner. She did a layer of strawberry cake and a layer of white (and added blue food coloring). Then we stacked them, iced them, and put on sprinkles.

Then we just had to cut the cake and wait for someone to guess!!! It was fun.

Evelyn - 3/15/14

• Me and my husband made shirts for his parents. We got iron on letters that spell New Grandma and New Grandpa

imageimage

We did video of their reaction. It was awesome!

Here is my blog about it and it has videos of us telling my mom and his parents

https://lnfoster.blogspot.com/2013/07/telling-our-parents-news-videos.html

Engaged 12-12-10 Married 5-12-12 Baby Jaxon 3-23-14 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

• I saw a cute idea on Pinterest to make your own fortune cookies and have the message be "you're going to be a grandma/grandpa/uncle/etc." I'm thinking of doing that with my brother and mom and step dad. I want to do different things for each of our parents but we have four different "sets" of them. So that's a lot of ideas to come up with.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went to Germany last month and we were TTC at the time. I saw a little wooden plaque with a poem carved on it in german that basically says I have the world's best Grandma. Grandma in German is OMA and even though we are of German descent, my parents don't speak German, so they are going to be so confused haha. I'm going to have so much fun watching them try to figure it out! I told her I forgot about a souvenir I bought her on the trip so she knows I'm bringing her a gift, she just doesn't know it's not just any old souvenir!

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • There are SO many ideas out there and I have been obsessed with searching different ways, even though we aren't planning on telling for a few weeks. I like the idea of baking a cake (either shaped like a baby carriage or the announcement written with icing). We have two dogs so I'm hoping to incorporate them somehow...thought about buying doggy t-shirts for them that say "Big Sister". I also like the fortune cookie idea!
    I told my DH with a Big Sister shirt on our dog. Now he can't stop calling her Big Sis. It's so cute! And it's the first time I ever put clothes on my dog, but she looked so darn cute I can't imagine it will be my last haha

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • lnvane00lnvane00 member
    edited July 2013
    There are SO many ideas out there and I have been obsessed with searching different ways, even though we aren't planning on telling for a few weeks. I like the idea of baking a cake (either shaped like a baby carriage or the announcement written with icing). We have two dogs so I'm hoping to incorporate them somehow...thought about buying doggy t-shirts for them that say "Big Sister". I also like the fortune cookie idea!

My dogs are like our kids so I had to incorporate them in the announcement. This is what I did and we announced it on FB yesterday. We already told all of our VIP family and friends in the last couple of weeks. This was for family and friends that are far away and we don't get to see often. And everyone who knows us knows how our dogs are like our kids. :)

Engaged 12-12-10 Married 5-12-12 Baby Jaxon 3-23-14 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

• We plan on telling my parents at 11 weeks as we are heading back to the uk to see them. It's my day's 65th birthday so we plan on signing the birthday card from us and bump. We'll include the latest u/s picture too. Simple but the whole family will be there, that way he gets to tell everyone :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"