June 2013 Moms

Dry rash on cheeks

LO all of a sudden has a dry rash on his cheeks--for 2 days now. One side worse than the other. I googled baby acne and it really doesn't look like the pictures that I saw. Anyone else? Anyone know what it is?
www.thefamilyragan. blogspot.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dry rash on cheeks

• jefkjefk member
    DD has the same thing.  It comes and goes - I'm EPing and I think it might be a food sensitivity.  She had it at her one-month appt and the pedi said it was normal, so I'm not too worried.
  • Maybe eczema? My LO has this also. Very dry scaly looking cheeks that started out as just little bumps. I'm not sure what it is, I just wipe his face more especially after feedings. I was wondering if I should put some aquaphor on there as it looks really really dry. But so far I'm just monitoring to see if I need to take him to our pedi.
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Could it be heat rash?  What I thought was a breastmilk allergy and baby acne turned out to be heat rash.  Anytime we are skin to skin, or he gets heated (which can happen when feeding or crying), or if his pores get clogged he will break out on his cheeks, back of his neck, upper chest, and the shoulder of whatever side is touching me.  I would check out some images of baby heat rash to see if that is what it could be.  During these hot months babies are likely to break out more. If it is heat rash don't use lotions or soaps on it because that will only clog the pores more. Just clean it with warm water and keep it cool and dry.  I've also read an oatmeal bath helps, but haven't tried it yet.  For now I sponge his skin with warm water daily and I have cooled the house by 1 degree and that actually has helped.
  • BbtjBbtj member
    My LO has the same thing and aquafor seems to be the only thing helping. I put it on her after we bathe her. I did noticed it gets worse after she has been really close to me for a while, so it could be a heat rash. Also, it all started shortly after I began carrying her in my wrap. She loves the wrap so I am hoping that's not the culprit.
  • My baby girl had the same problem. It She started off as what looked like horrible acne then developed into extremely dry bumps all over her cheeks, neck, back, and shoulders. I tried everything! It got worse when she was hot or crying. I thought heat rash or mild eczema. I bought the stelatopia moisturizing cream by mustela and it cleared it up in 3 days. I read the reviews for it before buying and it seemed to be a miracle for most and a complete waste for some. Luckily I was in the miracle group. Definitely pricey at $20, but worth every penny to me. It is a large bottle and I only use the smallest amount each application. Hope this helps! Good luck.
  • My LO had the same thing. Try warm water on the face daily. Also once it gets to the really dry stage try baby oul
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"