December 2013 Moms

Maternity Clothes (Jeans)

Went shopping for Mat. clothes for the first time yesterday.  I don't quite need them yet, but I'm thinking my jeans aren't going to be comfy after another week or two, so I bit the bullet and bought a few things.  First, why are they so expensive?!  (I went to Destination Maternity, as it was the only Mat. store in the mall I was at.) 

Second, and the real reason for this post: can you please recommend your maternity jeans?  I tried on several pairs at Dest Mat, and hated them all.  This whole S/M/L sizing thing for pants is SO dumb to me.  I am a pear shape, if anyone can relate specifically, and looking for boot cut (please no skinny jeans).  Sounds like I'm going to have to try on a ton of them to find a pair that I like, so tell me where you got yours!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Maternity Clothes (Jeans)

• I got some maternity skinny jeans that I adore at Old Navy!  Funny that maternity and skinny jeans can be in the same sentence.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got mine at Motherhood.  They're called Indigo Blue, and they fit really well (comfy, too).  They have a bunch of different styles, but mine are the boot cut.

• Loading the player...
  • OLD NAVY!!! I cannot tell you how much I love the clothes I bought from them. They're cheap, too! I bought 3 tanks and a pair of jeans and it cost the same as my purchase from Motherhood Maternity which was only 2 shirts. I love Old Navy. It's hard to find a store that carries maternity though, so I had to order online. I was nervous because my body shape is all kinds of crazy, but they all fit perfectly!

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • I actually got mine at target and they are great! I am pear shaped as well, and normally it's very hard for me to find jeans, but these work great!
  • OLD NAVY!!! I cannot tell you how much I love the clothes I bought from them. They're cheap, too! I bought 3 tanks and a pair of jeans and it cost the same as my purchase from Motherhood Maternity which was only 2 shirts. I love Old Navy. It's hard to find a store that carries maternity though, so I had to order online. I was nervous because my body shape is all kinds of crazy, but they all fit perfectly!
    Our Old Navy doesn't have maternity, so I'm going to have to order online.  Did you find that they are pretty true to size?

• I got mine at Motherhood.  They're called Indigo Blue, and they fit really well (comfy, too).  They have a bunch of different styles, but mine are the boot cut.
    I have these as well and love them . Old navy is hit and miss for me but you can try them out. I also heard Gap's jeans are really good but they are kind of pricey.

Mommy of four munchkins!

• @EmmaBoBemma, I plan to check out Old Navy soon!  There is only one near me that carries maternity, and the section is VERY small, but it's worth a shot!

I should have also mentioned that I am very wary or ordering clothes online unless there is free shipping both ways or at least free shipping to me and I can return to a store.  Apparently I have a weird body shape and have a hard time finding things that fit, so I have to try everything on first.
  • kittyh8rkittyh8r member
    edited July 2013
    @boothbaby Old navy has free shipping if you spend $50 or more. Also returns are free shipping, too. (:

imageimage

Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
  • I agree with JCmcnairn, I got a pair at Target and I have been loving them.  I'm pear shaped too, and the ones at Old Navy were a little too tight in the thighs for me, but it's been a while since I tried them on. 
  • BoothBaby said:
    Went shopping for Mat. clothes for the first time yesterday.  I don't quite need them yet, but I'm thinking my jeans aren't going to be comfy after another week or two, so I bit the bullet and bought a few things.  First, why are they so expensive?!  (I went to Destination Maternity, as it was the only Mat. store in the mall I was at.) 

Second, and the real reason for this post: can you please recommend your maternity jeans?  I tried on several pairs at Dest Mat, and hated them all.  This whole S/M/L sizing thing for pants is SO dumb to me.  I am a pear shape, if anyone can relate specifically, and looking for boot cut (please no skinny jeans).  Sounds like I'm going to have to try on a ton of them to find a pair that I like, so tell me where you got yours!
    I feel you.  I got some advice early on about buying a solid pair of jeans, even if they're a little pricey, because you end up spending time in them post-birth, so all in all you could get around a year's worth of wear out of them.  So, I bit the bullet and spent $100 on a pair of J Brand jeans at Destination and I FREAKING LOVE THEM.  For context, I have never spent $100 on a single pair of jeans in my life, but I felt like spoiling myself this one time on this one thing and so far, it's been worth it.  Even when the rest of me feels or looks like a funhouse mirror, these jeans boost my spirits big time.  
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
    Our Old Navy doesn't have maternity, so I'm going to have to order online.  Did you find that they are pretty true to size?
    I read all the reviews for each thing that I thought was cute. Some people will comment saying that something fit snug, or loose.

imageimage

I read all the reviews for each thing that I thought was cute. Some people will comment saying that something fit snug, or loose.
    I am pear shaped and I find they are true to size although if you are between two sizes go up one. My hips got wider in late pregnancy and my smaller ON jeans were too snug.
  • I bought mine from Gap Maternity. They were expensive, but they always have sale racks and I've actually found a few things on there and one pair of jeans that were $20. Can't beat that price! Also, they fit really good!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • I have one pair from Target from last time, but they don't fit at all. They ARE expensive and it's annoying. I want to look cute while pregnant! Is that too much to ask? We have a Destination Mat/Pea in the Pod combo close by, but I haven't been yet. I am getting pretty round now so I will need some. Plus last time I was pregnant in the summer, so I don't have any fall/ winter clothes at all. I bought some stuff at consignment stores last time, but finding the right size and fit is a crapshoot.
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • jamrosj said:
    OLD NAVY!!! I cannot tell you how much I love the clothes I bought from them. They're cheap, too! I bought 3 tanks and a pair of jeans and it cost the same as my purchase from Motherhood Maternity which was only 2 shirts. I love Old Navy. It's hard to find a store that carries maternity though, so I had to order online. I was nervous because my body shape is all kinds of crazy, but they all fit perfectly!
    I am pear shaped and I find they are true to size although if you are between two sizes go up one. My hips got wider in late pregnancy and my smaller ON jeans were too snug.
    I am also pear shaped.  Hhm, I wonder if the Old Navy up north from us has a maternity section.  That way I wouldn't have to order them online.  Thanks for the info!

This for me too. I love these jeans!

• I love my gap maternity jeans. They have been my fave through all 3 pregnancies. They fit well but are still flattering, IMO. They just go by regular sizes, just order your pre pregnancy size if you haven't gained a crazy amount of weight. Like for ex I gained 23 & 20 lbs with my first 2 pregnancies and did not have to go up a size, even at the bitter end, and I know my legs and butt got a little bigger.
  • Another vote for Gap. I have the same pair of full panel long and lean jeans that I wore with my last pregnancy and so far during this one

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• The only place I've found jeans that I like is Target!  They were pretty reasonably priced and they worked really well with my shape.
    Mr. & Mrs. 11.11.11
    Baby C is Due 12.3.13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Motherhood Maternity has been amazing for me since im 5'0 they have petite pants.  They seem to have a little bit of everything and while the prices are a little high, I usually pair a coupon with a sale and end up getting pants about $20 each.
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • If you have a secondhand or consignment store with a maternity section in your area, I'd recommend going there first.  There's a really good one near me, and I was able to try just about every brand under the sun.  Much easier than going to a bunch of stores and most pairs were $15 or less (some were brand new).  So far, my favorites have been one pair of Old Navy and one from Motherhood. 

Married 8/2012
    DS born 12/2013 @ 41w2d
    BFP #2 EDD 10/2015

• KateVAKateVA member
    Citizens maternity jeans work best for me. Pricey but you can order on ebay or look at consignment places.
  • I have mine from motherhood and wear them all the time, we actually have an outlet here so it wasn't too expensive. I also have some work pants/ slacks from target that fit really well. I bought them all last pregnancy but have gotten a lot o summer stuff from old navy and have been happy with them. You can order online and return in the store (even if it says you can't). Also I bought a few tanks at Gap and since I purchased them I have been getting some really good coupons and discounts via email for Gap... ie. 45%off last week.
    Good luck.
  • Sounds like we are shaped similarly. I really love the Gap Sexy Boot jeans. They are full panel, so since I'm not THAT big yet, I do find myself having to pull them up a few times throughout the day, but I really like the way they fit and they are a nice dark blue wash. They aren't cheap (I think $70 regular price), but go on sale a lot. Hope this helps! I'm 5-5 and have to wear mine with wedges. I may have to get them hemmed toward the end of my pregnancy so I can wear them with flats. :)
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Oh, and they come in regular sizes (6/8/10, etc.) I wore a 12 last pregnancy and 14 this pregnancy and both pairs are true to size.
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Motherhood Maternity has been amazing for me since im 5'0 they have petite pants.  They seem to have a little bit of everything and while the prices are a little high, I usually pair a coupon with a sale and end up getting pants about $20 each.
    Excellent tip!  Where do you get the coupons?
  • Question...do any of these have shorter crotches?  Ugh!  Any ones I have tried on the crotch hangs like halfway down my thighs!  And it is really frustrating.  I struggled pre-pregnancy, just found that, even though my butt is MASSIVE, I just have to buy ultra low rise jeans to get them to fit right...But, that doesn't exactly work anymore.  :(  So, any suggestions for that??
    I also have junk in the trunk, and the Indigo Blue from Motherhood just seem to work.  The ones I got are full panel, and the front part that is denim is pretty short/low rise and the back part covers everything.  You may want to give those a try if you haven't already.

• I got some awesome dark denim skinny jeans at thyme maternity! So comfy. About $70 a pair but so worth it. Thinking ill probably still wear them for a bit post baby so it's a good investment!
  • I have a pair of Levi's I got at a garage sale! They are so comfy!!! The lady I bought them from never wore them and they still had the tags on them! I also enjoy my old navy pair!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • I love the Old Navy Rockstar maternity jeans. They have regular sizes. I'm a large 4 or 6 on the curvier side and when I have to get the SML sizing elsewhere I get small and they fit.
  • I'm weird about maternity jeans- the pockets always have some weird placement that make your butt look funny. Gap maternity jeans are OK, not my fav's but the fit isn't horrible. I'm a bit picky but I really love my Paper Denim and Cloth maternity jeans- they are great quality and the fit is awesome because they are sized... although I'm currently leaving my previous size 26 and headed into a 27 because of my stinkin hips. They are pretty true to size from prepregnancy. I've gotten a few pairs off ebay for less than $30 each.
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • I just bought some Jessica Simpson/Motherhood jeans at Macy's. 30% off & super comfy
  • Old Navy and Gap fit me best. I find the Target ones umcomfortable on my hips and butt in my regular size but too baggy a size up. Motherhood is ok but since there's only 3 sizes they just don't fit as well.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • rosen713rosen713 member
    edited August 2013
    Um, Northport6, you just made my day, maybe even my week! I had no clue J Brand made maternity jeans! That is my fave denim brand hands down! Plus I won a $50 GC to Destination last week so I won't feel as guilty splurging :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"