January 2013 Moms

Help me decide to toss BM or keep it...

Today I was out shopping with my mom and needed to pump so I did so in the car.  We were almost home so I just put the bottle back in my bag. OF COURSE when we arrived home I was so excited to see DD that I completely forgot about my milk and it sat in the car for over 2 hours...in a hot car. When I remembered I ran out and put it in the fridge. I just checked it...it definitely had a sour odor but I tasted it and it tasted fine.  I even tasted another bottle that was fresh and compared and they tasted identical...but I could definitely detect a sour odor from it. 

I am debating tossing the milk or not...I need to milk for a bottle for tomorrow...but I would rather supplement with formula than DD get sick from sour milk....wwyd?

Re: Help me decide to toss BM or keep it...

• I'd toss. Food can taste/smell fine and still have grown some dangerous bacteria in a hot car for that long.
  • I would definitely toss it and then ugly cry over it because I hate pumping. It's not worth it though, if it smells funky I would consider it trash.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would throw it. I'd be too afraid of the effects if it is bad.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• 2u2wow2u2wow member
    toss!
    you wouldn't eat yogurt that sat in a hot car for 2 hours! i wouldn't anyway...why would your DD??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another vote for toss, I know BM is like gold...but it's not worth it. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Toss it. I saw brought up with the notion of in doubt, throw it out!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"