August 2013 Moms
Options

C-Section pointers?

I went in for my weekly appointment today.  Last week, baby's head was turned down already.  Today, my midwife couldn't find LO's head so they sent me to have an ultrasound and we discovered that baby girl is transverse.  Her head is on my right side and booty on my left and she's facing back.  So they went ahead and scheduled me for a c-section next week (I'll be 39 weeks + 4 days).  So... FTM and having a c-section which I wasn't planning for!  Any pointers would be awesome!  Thanks!
Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: C-Section pointers?

• Options
    Get up as soon as they let you. Walking around really helps with recovery, but at the same time, if you over do it, you'll bleed more. Yes, you bleed even with a c/s because of the open wound from the placenta leaving. Ask for a belly binder as it will help protect your incision. When you cough,sneeze or laugh, put a pillow over your belly and hold on to help any pain from that.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

My first was a c-section too!  Colace and yoga pants!!!  Take help when it is offered and take care of yourself.  Good Luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"