Trouble TTC

Rough couple of days

So we're just starting our IF journey and I'm finding it really difficult. I've got no one in all my family and friends that has had to deal with IF so I'm so happy this board is here.

We've completed our first round of testing after a year and a half of trying with no success. We just had our follow up appointment yesterday afternoon and it felt like a punch in the gut. DH's results came back showing a very low sperm count so now he's been referred to a urologist to try to find out what's going on. After my CD21 and CD3 blood tests as well as an HSG, it came back showing that I don't ovulate. After they find out what's going on with his sperm count, then they're starting me on Clomid + some trigger shot (I don't remember what he said the name was) to try to get me to ovulate. Our doctor suggested that we try it "naturally" for a few cycles to see if that helps but if not, we're off to start our first IUI treatment. Plus, as I was getting ready to leave for work this morning, I found out that my great grandmother passed away last night. I've been having a really hard time trying to keep it together today at work. I'm just ready for some good news but I have a feeling that our journey is just beginning.

Thanks for listening everyone. I just really needed to vent cause I felt like I was going to implode.

TTC since 01/2011
07/2013 - First round of testing  - CD21 and CD3 blood tests and HSG  + multiple SAs for DH
07/2013 - Diagnosis - Anovulatory and DH has very low counts - Referral to urologist for further testing
08/2013 - Urologist showed varcocele veins and testicular defect from birth. Unable to repair
11/2013 - Consult with RE regarding treatment. Benched due to finances
2014/2015 - Took break from pursuing treatment, moved to a new province
06/2016 - DH redid SA as per direction from new family doctor - Counts have increased!!
07/2016 - Consult with new RE - ordered a repeat HSG
09/2016 - Providing no issues on HSG - Scheduled to start first IUI with Clomid
01/17/2017 - First IUI with Clomid - BFP - M/C @ 9 weeks

Come on Baby "B"! Time to come out and play!

Re: Rough couple of days

• So sorry to hear you are having a rough time. It's okay to cry and feel your emotions . We have male and female issues too, you aren't alone. Make sure you take time to nourish your soul during this process. Get massages, take walks, spend time working on your relationship . I hope your stay here is short and you get answers soon! Good luck'

IVF #1 Oct 2013- cancelled 
    IVF #2 Mar 2014- success.... baby girl born 11/28/14
    FET #1 Mar 2016- baby boy due 12/16/16

• I am so sorry about your grandmother, ((hugs)). I hope this plan works for you and you won't need to get an IUI. I hope you get some answers soon. Good luck!
    My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since 0ct. 2011
    Me-34,DH-34
    Dx:Hypothyroidism 2008
    HSG- All clear CD 3 bloodwork normal
    SA- Abnormal Dx:MFI
    DH on 50mg Clomid 3x week
    BFP#1- 1/21/13 CP 1/24/13
    Cycle 18,19 & 20 50mg Clomid+trigger+IUI= All BFFN
    Cycle 21-25 Taking a break for now, still HIO Hoping!
    Moving onto IVF Next AF
    (PAIF/SAIF Welcome)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you have to be here, but welcome to the group.  I have not been here long, but these women have helped me so much.  We have both male and female issues as well.  I hope ya'll get some things figured out so you can start having your medicated cycles and working towards having your baby!!!

March 2013: First TTC trip to RE, On 1500 mg Metformin, April 2013:  PCOS and Endometriosis, May 2013:  DH Low volume; Femara 7.5 mg + IUI #1 = BFN, July 2013: Femara 7.5 mg + IUI #2 = BFN, August 2013:  Femara 7.5 mg (X5) + Bravelle (X7) + Ovidrel + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP  MC at 5w3d,
    October 2013:  Follistim (X14) + Ovidrel + IUI #4 + Endometrin =BFP!!! 

• Thanks everyone. I've lurked around here for a while and while it's not a great situation, I'm happy to be a part of this community. Everyone here is so supportive and caring. I hope everyone here gets the good news we've all been hoping for soon! 

TTC since 01/2011
    07/2013 - First round of testing  - CD21 and CD3 blood tests and HSG  + multiple SAs for DH
    07/2013 - Diagnosis - Anovulatory and DH has very low counts - Referral to urologist for further testing
    08/2013 - Urologist showed varcocele veins and testicular defect from birth. Unable to repair
    11/2013 - Consult with RE regarding treatment. Benched due to finances
    2014/2015 - Took break from pursuing treatment, moved to a new province
    06/2016 - DH redid SA as per direction from new family doctor - Counts have increased!!
    07/2016 - Consult with new RE - ordered a repeat HSG
    09/2016 - Providing no issues on HSG - Scheduled to start first IUI with Clomid
    01/17/2017 - First IUI with Clomid - BFP - M/C @ 9 weeks

Come on Baby "B"! Time to come out and play!

• I am sorry to hear about your Great Grandmother's passing.  There are several new members facing similar fertility issues involving both partners.  I have learned a great deal from the other members and their struggles, even just lurking for the past several months. 

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• I'm sorry you're here, have to deal wig multiple issues and to hear about your great grandmother. It's only natural for you to feel very upset right now with all of this piling on you.

I hope you can get some peace for the treatment journey. I know it's daunting and there will be bad days but sometimes it's nice to know there is a plan in place. Take some time for yourself to mourn your family member and to cry about IF. You don't have to pretend to be strong here. We get it and we understand.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• I am so sorry for your loss :/ I recently started the IF journey with my DH and we're still being worked up for things, and it is definitely overwhelming. Like you I also don't have any close friends or family that have had to deal with this so finding this page and reading other posts gives me some other things to think of and hear helpful things from people that know what we're going through. Keep your head up!

**siggy warning**

Me: 30 dx w/PCOS 7/13

DH: 31
    TTC 11/12
    started Metformin 9/13
    HSG, tubes open but narrow uterus... f/u with RE 3d u/s everything 'normal'
    2/14: hopefully 1st IUI... timing off before trip, waiting until 4/14
    3/27: POAS= BFP!!!
    3/28: beta#1: 108
    4/2: beta#2: 799
    4/11: u/s 6w1d EDD 12/4, 1 little penguin!

7/7:  We're having a girl!
    12/11: after lots of labor/delivery/nicu excitment baby Piper Mae born 1859 @ 8lbs, 21.5"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"