April 2013 Moms
Options

Body Shaper??

Ok so I one of my friends told me that if you wear a body shaper for a certain period of time it gives your body the shape you want! Has anyone ever tried that? I have a wedding to go to in 2 weeks so I am most likely going to wear one for that day just to put everything back in place lol but I'm curious to know if anyone else is using them.

Re: Body Shaper??

• Options
    I haven't tried one, but my parents had a neighbor who wore a corset for a few months after she had her last baby. She was already incredibly thin and petite....so I personally couldn't tell if it made a difference in her figure/appearance. But apparently, this is all of the rage, a lot of "A listers" are wearing body shapers after they give birth. 
  • Options
    I bought one for the wedding and it really makes your body change "the right way" but you also feel like u cant breath! lol i guess if you wear it for a long time it could possibly help shape your body.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NicoleSB80NicoleSB80 member
    edited July 2013
    I bought one at target by Hanes. I could breathe fine but it did make me warmer. It hold everything is place so my pudgy hips as tummy didn't look so pudgy. I love it.

ETA: I don't think it permanently changes you body, I think they just smooth you while you wear it.

• Options
    Kate_CKate_C member
    Do you mean something like Spanx? I'll be wearing those for a wedding this weekend too. Won't be breathing, but at least I'll be less jiggly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes like Spanx but full body. They do work miracles! I guess im wishing that if I wear it everyday it will make me look like that forever lol (sight) I can dream!
  • Options
    sms04jsms04j member
    edited July 2013
    I wear spanx for special occasions or at work under dresses. I mostly use it to smooth everything out. I'm thinking of purchasing a full body shaper to wear. My spanx now slim hips and thigh area. I tried wearing a tight tummy shaper after giving birth but I felt like it made me look more lumpy due to being so tight. Maybe a bigger size would be better.

• Options
    sms04j said:

I wear spanx for special occasions or at work under dresses. I mostly use it to smooth everything out. I'm thinking of purchasing a full body shaper to wear. My spanx now slim hips and thigh area.
    I tried wearing a tight tummy shaper after giving birth but I felt like it made me look more lumpy due to being so tight. Maybe a bigger size would be better.

Bigger is what I did. A medium fit but it was TIGHT and prob looked better but I got the large. It still smooths me out and allows my dresses to fit better and me feel better in them.

I also have the hips and thigh one but I feel like it gives me a major muffin top that I don't have when not wearing it. However, they allow me to wear my old jeans.
    :-S

• Options
    cece2682 said:

Sol1790 said:

I bought one for the wedding and it really makes your body change "the right way" but you also feel like u cant breath! lol i guess if you wear it for a long time it could possibly help shape your body.

Lol I'm sure it does change your body since you can't breathe you're probably not eating because there's no room for food! HAha
    This exactly! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"