Infertility
Options

Blood test at 8 dpo?

Hi all, I am trying to conceive my second child, and have a history of PCOS - we conceived our daughter on our first injectable cycle after several ineffective clomid cycles. This time, our RE doesn't want us to use injectables because of the multiples risk (we agree), and so the plan was to try a few natural cycles once I stopped birth control pills, and if that didn't work, to move on to Femara. This is my first cycle off the pill, and it's been a very long one (and I know they're likely to get longer from here). I believe I ovulated on cd27, but was already scheduled to come into the doc's office on cd35 for a blood test to confirm no pregnancy/no ovulation to begin the Femara. I still kept that appointment, even though my temps and OPKs pointed to ovulation, and today's blood test proves that correct. RE says we now wait for period to begin or positive pg test at home. My question is whether I could still ultimately be pregnant with a negative blood test at 8dpo. For what it's worth, I got a BFP at 10 dpo with our daughter (I did not test earlier), and have been having mild period-y cramps and a little pinkish discharge yesterday and today. I know blood tests are more sensitive than pee sticks, so I'd love to know what you guys think. RE said it was too soon to tell.

Re: Blood test at 8 dpo?

• Options
    Ugh, guys, sorry - Bump ate my paragraph breaks!
  • Options
    I guess it is possible, but a blood test is so much more sensitive than a home pregnancy so it would have shown some level of hcg. If it was actually 0 I would think that you are most likely out this cycle. 

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's very possible, especially since you can't be 100% sure when you ovulated.
    I suck at getting pregnant
    I really suck at staying pregnant
  • Options

Thanks, everybody... I think I'm just thrown off because, with my daughter, I got a BFP with a pee stick on 10dpo (which, in my head at least, means that a blood test on 8dpo might have been positive).  I suppose every egg is different and an early implantation last time doesn't guarantee one this time, etc.

One last q, in case anyone knows... if I got a negative blood test at 8dpo, when is the earliest I could possibly see a pee stick BFP?  I know the rules about HCG doubling, but does that mean that I'm necessarily looking at negative pee sticks for days and days (assuming a sensitivity of 25)?

I'll keep on keeping the faith...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"