January 2014 Moms
Options

Nose bleeds...

Anyone experienced nose bleeds during their pregnancy when they have never had them before?

I had my 1st one this morning and it freaked me out... Is this something I should let me OB nurse know about?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nose bleeds...

• Options
    I got them with DS.  Dr told me it is becasue of the increased blood volume - all you mucus membranes will be more prone to bleeding because of it.  This is why if you may also have some bleeding/spotting after sexy time.  She was only concerned if I was unable to get my bleeding to stop and if that was the case, to go to the ER, not her. 

• Options
    I had nose bleeds every couple of days or so when I was pregnant with DS. My OB told me it was nothing to be worried about, as long as it could be stopped every morning after a minute or two.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just started my 15th week and one of the symptoms that the Bump lists is nosebleeds. 
                January Siggy Challenge

Praying for our May15 baby!          January 2014- Welcome Sweet Kimber!
    image     image
  • Options
    I haven't yet experienced nose bleeds, although I know they are a common occurrence during pregnancy.  I have been experiencing bleeding gums every time I brush my teeth, which I am guessing is also a response to increased blood volume.  Hopefully you are able to keep these under control, I imagine a random nose bleed is pretty scary and definitely no fun!
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Options
    Thanks ladies for your feedback :\">

• Options
    I haven't yet experienced nose bleeds, although I know they are a common occurrence during pregnancy.  I have been experiencing bleeding gums every time I brush my teeth, which I am guessing is also a response to increased blood volume.  Hopefully you are able to keep these under control, I imagine a random nose bleed is pretty scary and definitely no fun!
    My gums have been bleeding a little too and I brought it up 2 weeks ago when I got my teeth cleaned and they told me just to watch it because you can get pregnancy gingivitis.

• Options
    Vera81Vera81 member
    Yes it is common, but the first time it happened it freaked me out. I never get them and didn't know it was common when it happened.
  • Options
    kandgkandg member
    I've had them with all three pregnancies. Mine often take 30+ minutes to stop, but I only have them during pregnancy.
    DD1 9/13/08; DD2 9/25/11 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Happened to me twice - sort of. I NEVER get nosebleeds either. I've been hit in the face with a softball and still my nose didn't bleed. But 6 days of 90 degree+ weather spent indoors with the AC pumped (making the air super dry) led to lots of blood in the tissue and unfortunately down my throat a few days in a row. Also led to resurgence of nausea. Awesome. Fortunately the weather's been nicer so the AC hasn't been on 24/7 and my nostrils recovered. Read online that a dab of petroleum jelly in your nose helps - day after I did that the bloodiness stopped.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"