July 2012 Moms
Options

New recipe!

StokedWifeyStokedWifey member
edited July 2013 in July 2012 Moms
I found this recipe a while back and decided to try something similar this week.  Bryson won't eat anything green and loves pasta with red sauce, so I decided this was perfect to sneak some veggies in.  I try not to do much work for crock pot meals because I like to store the stuff in a bag and pop it in, so I didn't follow this recipe.  

For the meatballs, I put a handful of kale, a carrot, 2 garlic cloves and a small onion in my food processor and mixed it into the meat.  I only seasoned them with a little bit of No-Salt and pepper.  I did brown them so they wouldn't clump into one big ball in the crock pot, but didn't leave them long enough to cook through.  

For the sauce, I dumped the can of tomatoes in, and added the spinach, basil, diced garlic, No-Salt and pepper.  I stirred the sauce before adding the meatballs, then stirred after adding them just to make sure they were all covered.

I cooked them for 8 hours on low and when I got home, made Bryson spaghetti and DH and me spaghetti squash.  Bryson ate 3 helpings and my husband ate 2.  He has no idea he ate kale.  Bwahahaha.  It was delicious!
Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
 CafeMom Tickers

Re: New recipe!

• Options
    I love that you hide veggies from your son AND husband ;) I have to do the same thing with mine!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"