December 2013 Moms

Having a bad day... pity party warning!

This is really just to get this all off my chest.

DH works road construction & has had to be out of town a lot this year. He has been gone all week for the last 3 weeks already, only home on weekends. (& by weekends I mean, if he works Saturday too, he gets home Saturday late afternoon & then has to leave again Sunday around 6pm... a whole whopping 24 hours!)

It has really taken its toll on both DS & I. It breaks my heart when he asks "Dada go?" or he calls out for him when he's sad or tired. (DS & DH are like 2 peas in a pod usually. He always wants to do things just like dad... he misses his dad so much these days.)  We moved to a new town where we really don't know anyone yet & our new house is a bit out in the country. We basically built our dream home to raise a family in, but we have yet to be able to be home & be a family in it! Now I know I'm probably overreacting. We have only been in the new house a couple months. There's still lots of family time left to have in it. We are taking one day at a time & I try to look at our busy weekday schedules as a positive for now that it keeps us busy.

Here's the kicker that probably has me the most worked up & depressed today.... The crew DH usually works with is scheduled to leave for North Dakota next week.  (We live in MN) They would be out there for the next 3 months!  Only coming home on Labor Day weekend. He has been working with his employer to get out of going on this set so he can stay around since I am pregnant & he doesn't want to be that far away in case something goes wrong. They had a guy hired to take over DH's spot for the next couple months & DH would stay around here. We've been looking forward to finally having time together as a couple AND as a family. Yesterday morning the dumb guy they hired up & quit!  Now we are worried that with such a short time frame, they will tell DH he will just have to go out there.  This means DH will miss our a/s on 08/20, my birthday on 08/14, & be done for over a month at a time!  This would be at least through October.

He called his dispatch office this morning to see if they can tell him anything yet as to what this means for him, but they said they don't have anything worked out yet. This waiting to find out what he will have to do is stressful & I really just try not to think about it since whatever happens happens & we will just have to deal. We'll make it through, I know, but this is just really surging my emotions!

Thanks for the ears (eyes?). End vent / outburst / emotional scene.

My 2 December boys

Re: Having a bad day... pity party warning!

• Aww, I'm sorry. I really hope they get it worked out so that he can stay local.

Beckett Rilee & Caitlyn Leigh born 9-21-13 @ 27w due to PPROM

• That's so crappy. I understand where you're coming from...my husband flies for the navy and is gone all the time--no fun. I will tell you that if he has to go (which I hope he doesn't), you and your little one will find the first two weeks to be the most difficult...then it always seems that we settle into a routine and time starts going more quickly. It's one of those situations where days are long but months are short. Hopefully your hubby won't have to go anywhere though...such a bummer.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry. It's so hard to have your husband gone so much, especially when you're not quite settled in where you live. One thing I can promise you if he does have to go, is that it will be hard but you will come out so much stronger on the other end. You will be a stronger person and mom and your relationship will be as solid as ever because of it! When the guys are gone for so long, you tend to stop taking the small things for granted and are just SO HAPPY when you can be a complete family again!

You guys are definitely in my thoughts, and I'm always here if you need to bend my ear. Seriously.

• I hope they find someone to take his place and he can spend some time with ya'll. I understand why you're upset don't feel bad about venting.

Mommy of four munchkins!

• I am sad enough that my DH and I work diffrent shifts but at least we get to sleep togeather at night! I don't know what I would do if I were you. You are a stong lady to deal with all of this! Keppy your head up, it will get better!

Mom+Dad+Josie+May 2015=2 under 2!!!!  

• I feel your pain.  My Fiance is gone a lot.  He is about to transition to the airlines and will be gone 3 months for training and gone overnight at least 4 to 5 days a week.  We are hoping his training starts in August that way he would be done with it before I deliver in December. 

Are you guys able to skype or facetime?
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Ugh, terrible.  I really hope he doesn't end up having to go, but if he does, we're here for you.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Thanks for the kind words guys.  We've had to deal in the past, but it is far worse when it is not just me anymore left at home.

I really try to keep it all inside because I don't want DH to feel even worse about a situation he has no control over AND I still gotta put on that happy face for DS. Being able to let it out here is a help!

My 2 December boys

• That is really rough, I'm sorry. I hope everything works out for your family.
  • I feel your pain.  My Fiance is gone a lot.  He is about to transition to the airlines and will be gone 3 months for training and gone overnight at least 4 to 5 days a week.  We are hoping his training starts in August that way he would be done with it before I deliver in December. 

Are you guys able to skype or facetime?
    We've honestly never used anything like this so I will have to look into them. We have been slow getting on the technology train. LOL We both got smart phones for the first time within the last couple months!  I know he downloaded a Skype app once but not sure if he was able to use it.  next hope is that he will actually have signal out there. He would be out in Northwest area of ND. (midway between Williston & Minot).

My 2 December boys

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"