TTC After a Loss

»»»January ☆ Snowflakes«««

KMW08KMW08 member
edited August 2013 in TTC After a Loss

The January Snowflakes check-in is for anybody who has an EDD or a loss in January of any year. Feel free to join in by introducing yourself and telling us your EDD or loss date. I will be posting this check-in on Wednesdays.

January Snowflakes Badges: Use the one you like :)
https://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/jvanier/JanuarySnowflakes8.jpg
https://i40.tinypic.com/156pzew.jpg
https://i39.tinypic.com/2hdbo61.jpg

Wed 7/31/13:

Alright ladies, since this is a "new" checkin, please introduce yourself (if I don't have your edd or loss date next to your name, include that info & I'll add it) and let us know where you're at in the ttcal journey.

GTKY: Are you a shoe-girl - do you have a bazillion pairs of shoes that you can't part with?

»»»January ☆ Snowflakes«««

☆Poppy715 1/4/13 ♥Addie♥

☆AnnieBN 1/3/14 edd

☆carlsonbaby2014 1/3/14 edd

☆kalynn12 1/4/14 edd

☆EllyD14 1/9/14 edd

☆SMessina82 1/11/14 edd

☆Tiarem 1/14/14 edd

☆mdarmetko 1/15/14 edd

☆ball.and.chain 1/15/14 edd

☆KMW08 1/16/14 edd 

☆sunnydaysarehere 1/25/14 edd

☆BethKate 1/27/14 edd

☆jgreig83 1/27/14 edd

☆E&B0811 1/29/14 edd

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

Re: »»»January ☆ Snowflakes«««

• KMW08KMW08 member
    edited August 2013

Good morning ladies!

1/16/14 is my most recent edd. I went for my 9wk US on 6/14/13 and found that LO no longer had a hb and had stopped growing at 6w4d. I had a d&c 6/19/13. 

I'm currently 6wks out from my d&c and still waiting for AF. I had some spotting off and on yesterday - but nothing enough to consider cd1. I have an appt with my RE tomorrow as a f/u & pre-op to discuss the surgical hysteroscopy I'm going to be having (hopefully soon!)

GTKY: Are you a shoe-girl - do you have a bazillion pairs of shoes that you can't part with? I'm not a shoe-girl. I own probably about 10pairs of shoes, most are sandals/flip flops or tennis shoes. I love looking at heels and sometimes wish I had a job where I could wear them if I wanted to.

ETA: my loss history is in my sig, but I'm 28, dh 27, ttc#1 since jan '12. I've had a total of 3 losses, natural mc, blighted ovum, and growth/hb stopped.

image    image

• Hi KMW08! Thanks for the check-in.

My EDD was 1/29/13.

DH and I were so excited when we got the BFP. We had TTA for years so I could finish law school and we could both get our careers in order. We saw a hb at 7w2d and then at 10w, no hb and no growth since about 8w. I could have never imagined and was totally unprepared for how sad and painful the experience would be. Now, I am 4 weeks and 1 day out from learning the sad news, 4 weeks out from trying miso and 3 weeks 4 days since my d and c. I started my period today....YAYAY!!!....and AF may now leave. Once she's out of here, we can try again. My super fantastic ob is hopeful that we will get our rainbow baby very soon. We've decided that whatever she says is fact as she's been right about everything in this horrid process so far, so FX that she's right about this too.

GTKY: I love my shoes, but I totally play favorites. There are some, like my black Louboutins or my 6 inch snakeskin gladiators, that make me feel amazing!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• Loading the player...
  • kalynn12kalynn12 member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks KMW!

My DH and I started TTC in Sept 2012 and got married in Nov 2012. We have been together for 6 years, I am 31 and he is 36. Got my BFP in March, went for a US at 7 weeks (thought I was 6 based on longer cycles) and they didn't see a sac, went back two weeks later at 9 weeks and saw a sac but no baby and thought I was closer to 6 ( I knew this was not possible as I would have already had my BFP), went back a week later and saw a baby but no HB, I started to MC 4 days later on May 29th. I had a complete natural MC and we waited for my first period which came on schedule. This is our first month TTC again, I went out and bought the CBFM and am currently 10 DPO.

I have a fair amount of shoes but I don't think, I am a laid back shoe girl. I have great heels but I only wear them to work, on weekends it's flip flops, boots or stylish sneakers.
    I'm 31 and DH is 36

Started dating in 2008 and married November 10, 2012

TTC#1 Since Oct 2012

MC#1 5/30/2013 ~ EDD 1/4/2014 natural @ 9 weeks

MC#2 8/12/2013 ~ EDD 4/13/2014 natural @ 5 weeks 5 days

BFP #3 EDD 12/9/2014

*~*~*Everybody is Welcome*~*~*

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • KMW08KMW08 member
    E&B0811 said:

Hi KMW08! Thanks for the check-in.

I started my period today....YAYAY!!!....and AF may now leave. Once she's out of here, we can try again.
    GTKY: I love my shoes, but I totally play favorites. There are some, like my black Louboutins or my 6 inch snakeskin gladiators, that make me feel amazing!

I'm guessing you meant 2014 as the edd year? YAY for af!!! Good luck trying again!! it can be very hard to start trying again after a loss, so don't be alarmed if you start having anxiety or guilt about it--it's totally normal.

Oh and I'm jealous of those shoes, they sound fab!

image    image

• KMW08 said:

E&B0811 said:

Hi KMW08! Thanks for the check-in.

I started my period today....YAYAY!!!....and AF may now leave. Once she's out of here, we can try again.

I'm guessing you meant 2014 as the edd year? YAY for af!!! Good luck trying again!! it can be very hard to start trying again after a loss, so don't be alarmed if you start having anxiety or guilt about it--it's totally normal.

Oh and I'm jealous of those shoes, they sound fab!
    Whomp, whomp....date fail. Yes, I meant 2014. Thanks.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

• kalynn12 said:

Thanks KMW!

My DH and I started TTC in Sept 2012 and got married in Nov 2012. We have been together for 6 years, I am 31 and he is 36. Got my BFP in March, went for a US at 7 weeks (thought I was 6 based on longer cycles) and they didn't see a sac, went back two weeks later at 9 weeks and saw a sac but no baby and thought I was closer to 6 ( I knew this was not possible as I would have already had my BFP), went back a week later and saw a baby but no HB, I started to MC 4 days later on May 29th. I had a complete natural MC and we waited for my first period which came on schedule. This is our first month TTC again, I went out and bought the CBFM and am currently 10 DPO.

I have a fair amount of shoes but I don't think, I am a laid back shoe girl. I have great heels but I only wear them to work, on weekends it's flip flops, boots or stylish sneakers.

Good luck this cycle!

Pregnancy Ticker

• E&B0811 said:

kalynn12 said:

Thanks KMW!

Good luck this cycle!

Thanks, you too! This cycle has felt like the longest cycle ever but we are focusing our efforts and hoping for a quicker BFP this time around.
    I'm 31 and DH is 36

TTC#1 Since Oct 2012

BFP #3 EDD 12/9/2014

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Hi everyone! KMW, thanks so much for starting this check in.

My basic intro is in my siggy, but basically I got pregnant last November on my first IVF cycle after 1.5y of TTC in a same-sex marriage (EDD 7/25/13). It was a blighted ovum discovered at my first u/s at 7w5d and I had a D&C in December. My RE requires a 2 cycle break, which took a while, and I had to cancel my first frozen embryo transfer cycle in March due to respond to meds, so we did our first frozen transfer in April and got another BFP (EDD 1/15/14). We saw a hb at 6w5d but at my second ultrasound at 9w5d, there was no hb and the baby had stopped growing 2w earlier. I had a D&C in June.

We have 4 more frozen embryos so we will likely be transferring another one (or maybe two) in September or October. Right now I am 5w+ from D&C with no period and no indication of ovulation (I've been temping). Last time it took 8w to get a period, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again, although I'd love to get going earlier! I had my RE run karyotyping and will find out the results on Friday when we meet with her to discuss next steps. I may also ask for a full RPL panel.

I am 35 and just hit my 2y TTC anniversary this month. That plus a recent loss plus my EDD plus having to put my cat down, all within a month of each other has been kind of rough, and I'm glad to see the end of July!

QOTD: I like pretty shoes, but I wouldn't say I'm a shoe girl. I've realized in my 30s that I'm just not willing to put up with too much discomfort, so I only really wear pretty shoes for special occasions (like weddings). Most of the time I wear flip flops, sneakers, Dansko clogs, or nice flats to work.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KMW08KMW08 member
    kalynn12 said:

Thanks KMW!

This is our first month TTC again, I went out and bought the CBFM and am currently 10 DPO.

....on weekends it's flip flops, boots or stylish sneakers.

FX this cycle for you! Hoping the cbfm has helped, I've never used one so no advice with it from me.

Boots, something I've never bought but I think a lot of them are cute! I've been looking for a pair I think I'd wear, it's been proving to be a difficult task.

image    image

• kalynn12 said:
    Thanks KMW! My DH and I started TTC in Sept 2012 and got married in Nov 2012. We have been together for 6 years, I am 31 and he is 36. Got my BFP in March, went for a US at 7 weeks (thought I was 6 based on longer cycles) and they didn't see a sac, went back two weeks later at 9 weeks and saw a sac but no baby and thought I was closer to 6 ( I knew this was not possible as I would have already had my BFP), went back a week later and saw a baby but no HB, I started to MC 4 days later on May 29th. I had a complete natural MC and we waited for my first period which came on schedule. This is our first month TTC again, I went out and bought the CBFM and am currently 10 DPO. I have a fair amount of shoes but I don't think, I am a laid back shoe girl. I have great heels but I only wear them to work, on weekends it's flip flops, boots or stylish sneakers.

Lots of luck to you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#1 BFP 26/May/2013 EDD 27/Jan/2014 MC at 5 weeks, 2 days 
    #2 BFP 04/Aug/2013 EDD April 18th, 2014. Baby M born May 2, 2014.

• Good morning!

My EDD was 1/27/14.

My H and I started ttc in July 2012 and finally got pregnant on the 11th cycle trying. At 5w2d, a week after my bfp, I started bleeding and assumed I had miscarried, but my betas kept going up, although they weren't really doubling as they should be. I had to u/s at 7w2d and 7w4d and they saw nothing in my uterus or tubes. On 6/16 at 7w6d, I was having some dull pain, so already knowing it was probably ectopic, I went to the ER. This time, they saw it in my left tube and I had laparoscopic surgery to remove it. I was lucky enough to be able to keep my tube, and I was also lucky that my first period came only 2 weeks after surgery. That cycle was very normal, and yesterday I started my second post-loss cycle. We're now back to officially ttc.

GTKY: Are you a shoe-girl - do you have a bazillion pairs of shoes that you can't part with?

Nope, not at all. I think I own maybe 8 pairs of shoes.

Having an identity crisis due to the new Bump 

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and DX with endo. 6/16

Blogging to stay sane

• Hi ladies,

I am 30 and my DH is 32. We were married in August of last year after 5 years together. My BFP was a major surprise, we were not actively trying and I had just come off OCP to see if my moods and cramping would subside. I got my BFP on May 26th, at 5 weeks, 1 day. Only to start miscarrying the next morning. I had a bunch of tests and ultrasounds to rule it out as ectopic and was found to have a large 7 cm cyst on my right ovary. We decided to go ahead and conceive, knowing that the cyst will serial ultrasounds during my pregnancy. This is our second month TTC, although the first was a wash because my body was not back to normal.

GTKY: I am a shoe-girl. I have quite a bunch of shoes, a few pairs even left from High School. My favorite and most special (my wedding shoes) were recently eaten by my puppy
    :|

Here's to short stays on this board!

• KMW08KMW08 member

I am 35 and just hit my 2y TTC anniversary this month. That plus a recent loss plus my EDD plus having to put my cat down, all within a month of each other has been kind of rough, and I'm glad to see the end of July!

QOTD: I've realized in my 30s that I'm just not willing to put up with too much discomfort

(((( hugs )))) I'm glad July is over with. August better be more kind to you or we'll have to open a can of whoop ass :-w

Love what you wrote about shoes, maybe that's why I'm not stylish on shoes?? I'm coming up on 29...

I'd noticed before how similar our loss history is. I too have had a BO (2nd loss) and I knew our jan edd's were close. I have longer cycles (30-42 days, most being around 35). October will be 2yrs since stopping bcp. I'm tta until at least October. FX you'll be back on the ttc train before me, if not i'll be right there with you!

image    image

• KMW08 said:

kalynn12 said:

Thanks KMW!

This is our first month TTC again, I went out and bought the CBFM and am currently 10 DPO.

....on weekends it's flip flops, boots or stylish sneakers.

FX this cycle for you! Hoping the cbfm has helped, I've never used one so no advice with it from me.

Boots, something I've never bought but I think a lot of them are cute! I've been looking for a pair I think I'd wear, it's been proving to be a difficult task.
    Thanks KMW, flat boots are my go to for fall and winter here in Canada. Roots.com have an amazing pair of tall boots that I have in two colours. They are not cheap but great made and the leather is so soft they mould to my feet and are so comfortable. I could walk 20 miles in them.

I am loving my CBFM, I have problems getting posting OPKs so the fact that the CBFM tests for the other hormone has been a huge help for me to pinpoint. Not cheap but if it helps then its worth it.
    I'm 31 and DH is 36

TTC#1 Since Oct 2012

BFP #3 EDD 12/9/2014

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Poppy715Poppy715 member
    edited July 2013

Thank you for creating the check-in @KMW08. I know it's a lot of work!

I'm Poppy, I've been here on TTCAL since February. DH and I got pg on our first cycle with our first child on our first wedding anniversary. I was determined low risk and everything was great until about 25 weeks. I had gone in for a follow up anatomy scan (to get more info because A was being a tumbler and wouldn't stay put) on the 28th of December. We got the results and it showed some problems, we scheduled a follow up for the next day the 3rd.

I never made it to my next appointment. I had 4 seizures in my sleep and lost Addison before we got to the hospital. I've written out a more in-depth birth story since there's no way to cover it all here. If anyone would like to read it I'm more than willing to share! Long story short-ish I'm lucky to be alive and will be monitored very closely when/if we are blessed with a rainbow.

About me, I'm 26 DH 25. We've been married 2 years but together for 9 or so. We live in the Pacific Northwest and love it here. We are currently benched for personal reasons. We will wait 1 or 2 more cycles and then back to the grind (pun intended) soon.

I'm hate being here but I'm so happy to be a part of this group of stellar women. I've come to love this board and so many of it's members.

I've got a whole closet full. I hardly wear any of them but I like that they are in there. The problem for me is I buy cheap shoes and lots of them. I don't have a quality pair of anything. Most days I just wear flip flops but at work I have to wear closed toed shoes, such a bummer!  

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• BethKate said:

Good morning!

My EDD was 1/27/14.

My H and I started ttc in July 2012 and finally got pregnant on the 11th cycle trying. At 5w2d, a week after my bfp, I started bleeding and assumed I had miscarried, but my betas kept going up, although they weren't really doubling as they should be. I had to u/s at 7w2d and 7w4d and they saw nothing in my uterus or tubes. On 6/16 at 7w6d, I was having some dull pain, so already knowing it was probably ectopic, I went to the ER. This time, they saw it in my left tube and I had laparoscopic surgery to remove it. I was lucky enough to be able to keep my tube, and I was also lucky that my first period came only 2 weeks after surgery. That cycle was very normal, and yesterday I started my second post-loss cycle. We're now back to officially ttc.

Good luck this month!
    I'm 31 and DH is 36

TTC#1 Since Oct 2012

BFP #3 EDD 12/9/2014

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • KMW08 said:

Good morning ladies!

1/16/14 is my most recent edd. I went for my 9wk US on 6/14/13 and found that LO no longer had a hb and had stopped growing at 6w4d. I had a d&c 6/19/13. 

I'm currently 6wks out from my d&c and still waiting for AF. I had some spotting off and on yesterday - but nothing enough to consider cd1. I have an appt with my RE tomorrow as a f/u & pre-op to discuss the surgical hysteroscopy I'm going to be having (hopefully soon!)

So sorry for your recent loss my dear. My FX for AF to return ASAP. Do you know any more info about the date for your hysteroscopy?

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• KMW08KMW08 member
    BethKate said:

My H and I started ttc in July 2012 and finally got pregnant on the 11th cycle trying...yesterday I started my second post-loss cycle.

((( hugs ))) reaching the 1yr ttc mark is hard. I'm mobile atm, but are you temping or using opk's? I'm also glad your tube was saved, that's amazing in itself. Wow. When you get ku again will there be any additional monitoring or testing since you had an ep?

image    image

• E&B0811 said:
    Hi KMW08! Thanks for the check-in. My EDD was 1/29/13. DH and I were so excited when we got the BFP. We had TTA for years so I could finish law school and we could both get our careers in order. We saw a hb at 7w2d and then at 10w, no hb and no growth since about 8w. I could have never imagined and was totally unprepared for how sad and painful the experience would be. Now, I am 4 weeks and 1 day out from learning the sad news, 4 weeks out from trying miso and 3 weeks 4 days since my d and c. I started my period today....YAYAY!!!....and AF may now leave. Once she's out of here, we can try again. My super fantastic ob is hopeful that we will get our rainbow baby very soon. We've decided that whatever she says is fact as she's been right about everything in this horrid process so far, so FX that she's right about this too. GTKY: I love my shoes, but I totally play favorites. There are some, like my black Louboutins or my 6 inch snakeskin gladiators, that make me feel amazing!

Amazing news AF is back. Now we can wish her away again! Isn't that crazy how that works?

One of my midwives predicted Addie would be a girl. I think I was like 14 or 16 weeks. She guessed after using the Doppler. I know it was just a am I right thing but she joked that she was right most of the time. Funny how that works. I hope with all my heart your ob is right about your rainbow.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• KMW08 said:
    My H and I started ttc in July 2012 and finally got pregnant on the 11th cycle trying...yesterday I started my second post-loss cycle.
    ((( hugs ))) reaching the 1yr ttc mark is hard. I'm mobile atm, but are you temping or using opk's? I'm also glad your tube was saved, that's amazing in itself. Wow. When you get ku again will there be any additional monitoring or testing since you had an ep?

Thanks for the hugs. :)

Yep, unfortunately, this will be my 13th cycle temping and using OPKs.

I was happy when I woke up from surgery to find out that the doctor was able to save my tube. Prior to going in, she made it very clear that she would remove the tube if she thought it was necessary. She said that often times it's better to remove the tube because of the risk of scar tissue, etc. The fact that the left it there must've meant that she was pretty confident it would heal properly.

Next time I'm pregnant, I'll start going for 48 hour betas right away to make sure they're doubling. Then, I'll have an ultrasound as soon as my betas get above 2000 to confirm that it's in my uterus. Having an ectopic, I'm about 15% more likely to have another, so my doctor will be monitoring me pretty closely to make sure that's not the case.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• KMW08KMW08 member
    jgreig83 said:

This is our second month TTC, although the first was a wash because my body was not back to normal.

GTKY: My favorite and most special (my wedding shoes) were recently eaten by my puppy :|

Your wedding anniversary must be coming up, soon!?! Sorry about your shoes, I'm sure with your anni you'll be upset all over again about that, bad puppy :o3 !

Hope this cycle is normal for you. After loss cycles are hard to predict, they may go back to normal or create a new normal. Good luck!

image    image

• edited July 2013

I'd noticed before how similar our loss history is. I too have had a BO (2nd loss) and I knew our jan edd's were close. I have longer cycles (30-42 days, most being around 35). October will be 2yrs since stopping bcp. I'm tta until at least October. FX you'll be back on the ttc train before me, if not i'll be right there with you!
    I've noticed the similarities too! FX we'll be hanging out on PGAL together by November. :)
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kalynn12 said:
    Thanks KMW! My DH and I started TTC in Sept 2012 and got married in Nov 2012. We have been together for 6 years, I am 31 and he is 36. Got my BFP in March, went for a US at 7 weeks (thought I was 6 based on longer cycles) and they didn't see a sac, went back two weeks later at 9 weeks and saw a sac but no baby and thought I was closer to 6 ( I knew this was not possible as I would have already had my BFP), went back a week later and saw a baby but no HB, I started to MC 4 days later on May 29th. I had a complete natural MC and we waited for my first period which came on schedule. This is our first month TTC again, I went out and bought the CBFM and am currently 10 DPO. I have a fair amount of shoes but I don't think, I am a laid back shoe girl. I have great heels but I only wear them to work, on weekends it's flip flops, boots or stylish sneakers.
    Welcome. I don't recognize you. Sorry if you've intro'd and I don't remember. There have been a lot to keep track of lately. I'm sorry for your loss and look forward to getting to know you better though check-in. Be sure to go through the blog and utilize it's vast information! It's amazing.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Hi everyone! KMW, thanks so much for starting this check in. My basic intro is in my siggy, but basically I got pregnant last November on my first IVF cycle after 1.5y of TTC in a same-sex marriage (EDD 7/25/13). It was a blighted ovum discovered at my first u/s at 7w5d and I had a D&C in December. My RE requires a 2 cycle break, which took a while, and I had to cancel my first frozen embryo transfer cycle in March due to respond to meds, so we did our first frozen transfer in April and got another BFP (EDD 1/15/14). We saw a hb at 6w5d but at my second ultrasound at 9w5d, there was no hb and the baby had stopped growing 2w earlier. I had a D&C in June. We have 4 more frozen embryos so we will likely be transferring another one (or maybe two) in September or October. Right now I am 5w+ from D&C with no period and no indication of ovulation (I've been temping). Last time it took 8w to get a period, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again, although I'd love to get going earlier! I had my RE run karyotyping and will find out the results on Friday when we meet with her to discuss next steps. I may also ask for a full RPL panel. I am 35 and just hit my 2y TTC anniversary this month. That plus a recent loss plus my EDD plus having to put my cat down, all within a month of each other has been kind of rough, and I'm glad to see the end of July! QOTD: I like pretty shoes, but I wouldn't say I'm a shoe girl. I've realized in my 30s that I'm just not willing to put up with too much discomfort, so I only really wear pretty shoes for special occasions (like weddings). Most of the time I wear flip flops, sneakers, Dansko clogs, or nice flats to work.

Welcome. I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles. I know how frustrating it is waiting for AF to come back. I waited quite a while too. Keep us updated when you get your results.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• KMW08KMW08 member
    Poppy715 said:

Thank you for creating the check-in @KMW08. I know it's a lot of work!

I'm Poppy, I've been here on TTCAL since February. DH and I got pg on our first cycle with our first child on our first wedding anniversary. Long story short-ish I'm lucky to be alive and will be monitored very closely when/if we are blessed with a rainbow.

We are currently benched for personal reasons. We will wait 1 or 2 more cycles and then back to the grind (pun intended) soon.

GTKY: The problem for me is I buy cheap shoes and lots of them.

(((Poppy))) dates just suck. I imagine it'll be hard on your wedding anni too. This loss for me was discovered on our 5th wedding anniversary. I'm not really a dates person, but it still bites a big one.

Hope your stay on the bench is shorter than anticipated. I hate the bench, no matter the reason. It should at least be a comfy padded relaxing bench, but mines been a cold hard bitch I think it even does this emoticon to mock me ---> :!! :D

Oh and if I gave in to my shoe temptation, I would have a closet full too. It's hard resisting cheap shoes!!!

image    image

• BethKate said:

Good morning!

My EDD was 1/27/14.

GL this cycle. Are you temping and charting? We'd love to stalk you.
    8-}

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• jgreig83 said:
    Hi ladies,

I am 30 and my DH is 32. We were married in August of last year after 5 years together. My BFP was a major surprise, we were not actively trying and I had just come off OCP to see if my moods and cramping would subside. I got my BFP on May 26th, at 5 weeks, 1 day. Only to start miscarrying the next morning. I had a bunch of tests and ultrasounds to rule it out as ectopic and was found to have a large 7 cm cyst on my right ovary. We decided to go ahead and conceive, knowing that the cyst will serial ultrasounds during my pregnancy. This is our second month TTC, although the first was a wash because my body was not back to normal.

GTKY: I am a shoe-girl. I have quite a bunch of shoes, a few pairs even left from High School. My favorite and most special (my wedding shoes) were recently eaten by my puppy

I LOVE your new sig. Such a good episode. I'll toot my own horn and say it was a fabulous idea. GL this cycle. I'm FX for a short stay here for you.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• BethKateBethKate member
    edited July 2013
    Poppy715 said:
    BethKate said:

Good morning!

My EDD was 1/27/14.

GL this cycle. Are you temping and charting? We'd love to stalk you.
    8-}

Thanks!

Yep, I'm charting.  Here's the link for mobile users: www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e2968|| <a href="https://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Calendar</a>

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• KMW08KMW08 member
    Poppy715 said:

So sorry for your recent loss my dear. My FX for AF to return ASAP. Do you know any more info about the date for your hysteroscopy?

Thanks love. It's cycle dependent, so as soon as the bish officially shows ill get it scheduled. I had an exploratory hysteroscopy that was on cd6, I'm pretty sure the surgical one is the same way needing to be on cd5-cd10. I should have more info tomorrow afternoon.

image    image

• KMW08 said:
    Thanks love. It's cycle dependent, so as soon as the bish officially shows ill get it scheduled. I had an exploratory hysteroscopy that was on cd6, I'm pretty sure the surgical one is the same way needing to be on cd5-cd10. I should have more info tomorrow afternoon.
    Well keep us informed. I'd love to know when it's scheduled so I know when to root for you. Hopefully you can get it scheduled soon!

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• KMW08 said:
    This is our second month TTC, although the first was a wash because my body was not back to normal.

GTKY: My favorite and most special (my wedding shoes) were recently eaten by my puppy :|
    Your wedding anniversary must be coming up, soon!?! Sorry about your shoes, I'm sure with your anni you'll be upset all over again about that, bad puppy :o3 ! Hope this cycle is normal for you. After loss cycles are hard to predict, they may go back to normal or create a new normal. Good luck!
    Thanks... our anniversary is on the 11th, we are lucky enough to be only an hour from where we went on our honeymoon, so we will be back there that week for a day trip. Thought it would be a nice every anniversary trip. 

• Poppy715 said:
    jgreig83 said:
    Hi ladies,

I LOVE your new sig. Such a good episode. I'll toot my own horn and say it was a fabulous idea. GL this cycle. I'm FX for a short stay here for you.
    Thanks Poppy. Your Intro brought tears to my eyes. You are such a strong woman. It is so great to have so many amazing women with heart warming stories to get to know and support. FX for you too! I hope you get your rainbow soon.

• E&B0811 said:
    Hi KMW08! Thanks for the check-in. My EDD was 1/29/13. DH and I were so excited when we got the BFP. We had TTA for years so I could finish law school and we could both get our careers in order. We saw a hb at 7w2d and then at 10w, no hb and no growth since about 8w. I could have never imagined and was totally unprepared for how sad and painful the experience would be. Now, I am 4 weeks and 1 day out from learning the sad news, 4 weeks out from trying miso and 3 weeks 4 days since my d and c. I started my period today....YAYAY!!!....and AF may now leave. Once she's out of here, we can try again. My super fantastic ob is hopeful that we will get our rainbow baby very soon. We've decided that whatever she says is fact as she's been right about everything in this horrid process so far, so FX that she's right about this too. GTKY: I love my shoes, but I totally play favorites. There are some, like my black Louboutins or my 6 inch snakeskin gladiators, that make me feel amazing!
    You have probably never been so happy to see AF! FX for your cycle this month. I am jealous of your shoes!!! And your verse in your sig is beautiful, one of my fav's. 

• jgreig83 said:
    Poppy715 said:
    jgreig83 said:
    Hi ladies,

Thanks Poppy. Your Intro brought tears to my eyes. You are such a strong woman. It is so great to have so many amazing women with heart warming stories to get to know and support. FX for you too! I hope you get your rainbow soon.
    Thank you. I certainly don't feel strong. I am just trying to keep moving. Life moves forward whether you are ready for it or not. I'm just trying to keep my head above water and not let life swallow me up.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• edited July 2013
    Thanks @KMW08 for the check-in.  

I'm 28, H is 31.  We had been taking the NTNP approach to this for about 2 years.  Beginning in January, I started chasing my O a little more intently, changed my diet, and exercise regimen, and we got our first BFP in April.  Saw our LO heart beat at our 6 week appointment, looked good and strong, and healthy.  Went back for our 9 week appointment and learned LO had stopped growing at 7 weeks, and there was no heart beat.  I tried for a month to miscarry on my own, and finally ended up with the D&C on June 19th.  Today I'm 6 weeks post-D&C and waiting for AF because we've got the all clear to TTC again once I complete a cycle.  Come on, AF, I actually WANT you to visit me, please and thank you!

A little about me: I live in WA state, way up North, almost in Canada.  Grew up as an International kiddo with parents who were overseas teachers.  I mainly lived in Korea (10 years), but also spent time in Yemen and Ukraine.  DH and I just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary.  He's really into anything outdoors, and is planning to climb Baker soon.  Eek!  We just bought our first house, we closed in April...so that was a pretty big month for us!  I'm just now getting into the Game of Thrones book, I'm almost half way through the 1st book.  I needed some literary distraction with everything going on, and this was just the ticket, can't believe I held off for so long.

There you go.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all a little better and giving support.  xo

ETA:  Oops, forgot the GTKY question.  I'm not a shoe person at all.  When I have to buy shoes, I just want them to be comfortable, and versatile.  I find favorites and stick to them.  Running - Brooks Pure Flow, Casual wear - TOMS, Work - Dr. Scholls Ballet flats. 
    Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • Thanks @KMW08 for the check-in.  

I'm 28, H is 31.  We had been taking the NTNP approach to this for about 2 years.  Beginning in January, I started chasing my O a little more intently, changed my diet, and exercise regimen, and we got our first BFP in April.  Saw our LO heart beat at our 6 week appointment, looked good and strong, and healthy.  Went back for our 9 week appointment and learned LO had stopped growing at 7 weeks, and there was no heart beat.  I tried for a month to miscarry on my own, and finally ended up with the D&C on June 19th.  Today I'm 6 weeks post-D&C and waiting for AF because we've got the all clear to TTC again once I complete a cycle.  Come on, AF, I actually WANT you to visit me, please and thank you!

A little about me: I live in WA state, way up North, almost in Canada.  Grew up as an International kiddo with parents who were overseas teachers.  I mainly lived in Korea (10 years), but also spent time in Yemen and Ukraine.  DH and I just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary.  He's really into anything outdoors, and is planning to climb Baker soon.  Eek!  We just bought our first house, we closed in April...so that was a pretty big month for us!  I'm just now getting into the Game of Thrones book, I'm almost half way through the 1st book.  I needed some literary distraction with everything going on, and this was just the ticket, can't believe I held off for so long.

There you go.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all a little better and giving support.  xo

Welcome to the board and check-in. I live in Oregon! We are neighbors. It's a really tricky thing with AF coming back and then wishing her away again. I've wanted to start reading the GoT series too. DH has them all but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I know it's quite the undertaking. I'm glad you've found the board. I hope your stay with us is short and sweet.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• KMW08KMW08 member

I tried for a month to miscarry on my own, and finally ended up with the D&C on June 19th.  Today I'm 6 weeks post-D&C....Come on, AF, I actually WANT you to visit me, please and thank you!

Congrats on 5yrs of marriage! We celebrated our 5th in June, hard to believe its been 5 already!!

I also am exactly 6wks out from a d&c. Strange that we had it on the same day :) yesterday I thought af was gonna show (spotting) but so far no sign today. My last d&c it took af 50days to return. We are at what, cd42 today. So FX for af to return soon for you!

image    image

• jgreig83 said:

KMW08 said:

jgreig83 said:

Your wedding anniversary must be coming up, soon!?! Sorry about your shoes, I'm sure with your anni you'll be upset all over again about that, bad puppy :o3 !

Hope this cycle is normal for you. After loss cycles are hard to predict, they may go back to normal or create a new normal. Good luck!

Thanks... our anniversary is on the 11th, we are lucky enough to be only an hour from where we went on our honeymoon, so we will be back there that week for a day trip. Thought it would be a nice every anniversary trip. 

Our anniversary is the 11th too! :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• KMW08 said:
    I tried for a month to miscarry on my own, and finally ended up with the D&C on June 19th.  Today I'm 6 weeks post-D&C....Come on, AF, I actually WANT you to visit me, please and thank you!
    Congrats on 5yrs of marriage! We celebrated our 5th in June, hard to believe its been 5 already!! I also am exactly 6wks out from a d&c. Strange that we had it on the same day :) yesterday I thought af was gonna show (spotting) but so far no sign today. My last d&c it took af 50days to return. We are at what, cd42 today. So FX for af to return soon for you!
    Congrats to you as well!  Pesky AF teasing us with random signs (I had some light cramping a few days ago, but then nothing), I hope she comes for you soon!
  • Poppy715 said:
    Thanks @KMW08 for the check-in.  

Welcome to the board and check-in. I live in Oregon! We are neighbors. It's a really tricky thing with AF coming back and then wishing her away again. I've wanted to start reading the GoT series too. DH has them all but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I know it's quite the undertaking. I'm glad you've found the board. I hope your stay with us is short and sweet.
    I love Oregon, most of my family lives there now.  Mainly the Independence/Salem area.  The GoT series is definitely an undertaking, especially with the amount of characters to keep track of :).  Thank you for the warm welcome. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"