August 2012 Moms

S/O tipping

What do you do when you get takeout at a sitdown place and there's a line in the bill for tips? I don't know if I feel the need to tip if I didn't have a server but I always do tip out of guilt.
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: S/O tipping

• I always tip about 8-10%.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The kind of place where a server brings it to your car?  I tip a little, like a couple of bucks.

The kind of place where I order at a counter and receive my food there, such as Panera or Chipotle?  No tips here.
  • Loading the player...
  • I never tip in that situation. They factor in the cost of everything when they decide whether or not to be a place that does takeout. Hostesses/kitchen staff get paid hourly so I don't know who the tip would even go to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I tip a couple of dollars, mostly because I used to work front of house at a restaurant and had to get to-go orders ready. Places are different, but I had to get EVERYTHING, just shy of cooking the food myself (had to do that a few times...). But I also got paid more than $2.15/hr (server pay) so if I didn't get tipped, I didn't get upset.
  • I tip a few dollars for take out orders.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• twoitalianstwoitalians member
    edited July 2013
    The restaurant where I worked gave take out tips directly to the kitchen. Because of that I always tip at least 10 percent for take out orders (usually more).

Eta I realize not every restaurant gives take out tips to the kitchen, but this little mom and pop place did it that way because "the kitchen is who makes the food" and that's mostly what the take out guests are getting anyway.
  • I rarely tip for take out orders if I go and place the order and wait for it to be packaged up, like Chinese food. I tip for deliveries, but not as much if there is a charge for delivery.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"