Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone else's baby just not sleepy?!

So that last couple of days my lo (7.5wks old) just does not want to nap! She does ok at night, her normal waking one time to eat. But naps are just almost non-existent. What's strange is that she isn't really fussy, until I try to get her to go to sleep. I have done all I can think of. I swaddle, white noise, dark room, etc. And I have tried keeping her up for only 45-50 minutes at a time so she isn't over stimulated, but none of it is working. When she is awake, she is happy for the most part. But I know she needs more daytime sleep than this!

Re: Anyone else's baby just not sleepy?!

• Options

Same here. I can get a couple of short naps if I work at it. She finally fell asleep at 3:30 today while I had her in a sling and had been wearing her for awhile.

I believe there is a mental growth spurt around this time, so I'm attributing it to that and hoping this isn't a new normal. Google "wonder weeks."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Yep, that's what's going on in my house too. DD is tired, I can tell, but she refuses to sleep. She will literally nap for like 15-20 minutes and jolt right awake again. She hasn't been sleeping all that great at night either, went back to her newborn schedule. I don't know what's going on but we see the pedi Mon. for her shots and I'm definitely going to discuss this.

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yesterday my LO only took a one hour nap, Im just assuming it's his 6 week growth spurt

• Options
    Ditto all this week I've been trying to get her to sleep and no can do. She fusses when she is tired. I rock her and she sleeps for 15-20 minutes and that's all. Night time has been so so. She has a 4 hr stretch and then wakes every 2 hrs to eat and finally up by 8 or 9.
    She is 8 wks 1 day.
  • Options
    Mine is 10 weeks old and has never napped,  She goes to bed around 10:30 and doesn't wake up until 7:30.  She MIGHT nap a total of an hour a day,  It's been that way since about week 3.
  • Options
    oops..9:30
  • Options
    Mine is so inconsistent! He had gotten to the point where he was taking two or three good naps a day, then a big stretch overnight, 5-6 hours. Now he's back to up every 2.5 hours at night to eat and sleeps all day but in short spurts, just awake to eat and fuss for a bit then falls asleep again. It makes me feel bad, like I'm not doing enough with him during the day because he keeps falling asleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"