TTC after 35
Options

Intro

Hi all. My husband and I have recently made the decision to embark on TTC for our fourth child soon. Despite having three healthy live children, we have not had the easiest time at pregnancy. Earlier this month, I had the first unexpected BFP of my life which ultimately ended in my fourth miscarriage. I was undecided about trying for a fourth child until that point and this surprise angel helped me come up with all the solutions to issues I thought we might have by choosing to have a fourth baby - space, room sharing, choice of cars, finances, types of vacations, etc. DH has wanted to start on number four since the moment that our third child was born. I filled a progesterone prescription and started prenatals and baby aspirin. This seems to be the cocktail that helps me have sticky pregnancies. At this point, I think we will wait at least one full cycle to start TTC again. I just turned 36 this month. I wish the best to all the ladies on here.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers mc #1 2/17/06 mc#2 8/3/06 mc #3 9/7/09

Re: Intro

• Options
    I am sorry about your loss. I hope your stay with us will be short and sweet. Good Luck.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss as well :( how old are your other children? In your experience has the baby aspirin helped? I am looking for any pointers to help me along :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to the board. Sorry for your losses. We are trying for #3 but had all the same concerns that you had. All those issues will just work themselves out. I always tell my husband that anyone can get through the first few years of chaos in order to have a lifetime of your child's love.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    on42on42 member
    Hi, and welcome!!

Sarah, 38 | Nathan, 40 | Maxine b. 11/2014 | TTC #2

• Options
    Sorry for your losses, but welcome!  Do you need a prescription for progesterone?   
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    rcbukorcbuko member
    Thanks for the kind words. I am currently undiagnosed yet I have not had a sticky pregnancy without using both baby aspirin and progesterone suppositories. I take the baby aspirin when TTC and start 200 mg twice a day of progesterone suppositories starting at 3 DPO. For my second and third child, I started Lovenox at about 5 weeks and continue it until a few days before induction. My third child came on his own at 38 weeks 3 days but I hadn't taken the Lovenox dose for the prior 24 hours and was able to have a spinal. After my second loss in 2006, I had a bunch of testing done. The only thing that was found was that I have one copy of a MTHFR mutation which shouldn't cause issues. My progesterone levels are normal in my luteal phase. Once pregnant, my progesterone levels drop for some reason. I am closely monitored and the dosage is adjusted accordingly. I stop the progesterone at 12 weeks and have never had a problem with that. I also stop the baby aspirin at that point and I guess the Lovenox deals with any clotting issues pregnancy may present for me. My third miscarriage was in between my first and second live children. I used the progesterone but was not on baby aspirin. This last pregnancy was a complete surprise so I was not on baby aspirin either. Initially my progesterone levels were fine and I started the suppositories as soon as I realized I was pregnant. I think through trial and error that the lack of baby aspirin is the common denominator in all my losses.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers mc #1 2/17/06 mc#2 8/3/06 mc #3 9/7/09
  • Options
    rcbukorcbuko member
    I use vaginal suppositories which I have needed a prescription to get. I think there is progesterone cream that you can buy over the counter though it is not as effective. Oral progesterone is also available through prescription but it has more side effects since it is digested (dizziness and nausea the most common).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"