Infertility
Options

A blogpost for all ladies during the 2ww

While obsessing over every ache and pain over these last few days, I came across this blog written by a (male) doctor. I think he hit the nail right on the head. His thoughts on the 2ww have validated and explained most everything that I am (emotionally) feeling. Thought I'd share it with my fave people :) please don't get put off by the URL, the "article" is worth the read!

https://www.drmalpani.com/symptoms-after-embryo-transfer.htm
BFP #1 - chemical pregnancy, natural miscarriage at 7 weeks on 2/11/12 BFP #2 - u/s at 8 weeks showed a tiny fetal pole measuring at 6 weeks, heart rate slow at 94bpm. Natural miscarriage a few days later on 4/15/12 August 2012- Diagnosed with pancreatic divisum, September - ERCP w/stent placement. Fingers crossed this was the issue! Doc gave the go-ahead to start trying again. BFP #3 - Chemical pregnancy ending a few days after Thanksgiving 2012. Clearly my pancreas was not the issue. Doc told us to try one more time. BFP #4 - Chemical pregnancy ending in January 2013. Now I'm pissed. February- meeting with RE. Test results show I have a low egg reserve and DH has severely messed up sperm. Docs are quite confused as to how we're getting pregnant to begin with. Let the IVF games begin!! April - stim time!! 7R, 6F via ICSI, 5 made it to day 5, 3 look "good enough" to be sent for PGS testing. We are now the proud owners? Parents? Of 2 healthy frozen embryos. June - ugh. Lupron. So much Lupron. And Aygestin, and Estrogen, and Progesterone suppositories. Things are going in to my body every way possible! July 25- scheduled for our first FET. Aaand huge fail. All of the estrogen gave my pancreas a good old fashioned hissy fit. Long story short, moving on to gestational carrier.

Re: A blogpost for all ladies during the 2ww

• Options
    I'm going to work on inventing a "uterus window", brb.
    BFP #1 - chemical pregnancy, natural miscarriage at 7 weeks on 2/11/12 BFP #2 - u/s at 8 weeks showed a tiny fetal pole measuring at 6 weeks, heart rate slow at 94bpm. Natural miscarriage a few days later on 4/15/12 August 2012- Diagnosed with pancreatic divisum, September - ERCP w/stent placement. Fingers crossed this was the issue! Doc gave the go-ahead to start trying again. BFP #3 - Chemical pregnancy ending a few days after Thanksgiving 2012. Clearly my pancreas was not the issue. Doc told us to try one more time. BFP #4 - Chemical pregnancy ending in January 2013. Now I'm pissed. February- meeting with RE. Test results show I have a low egg reserve and DH has severely messed up sperm. Docs are quite confused as to how we're getting pregnant to begin with. Let the IVF games begin!! April - stim time!! 7R, 6F via ICSI, 5 made it to day 5, 3 look "good enough" to be sent for PGS testing. We are now the proud owners? Parents? Of 2 healthy frozen embryos. June - ugh. Lupron. So much Lupron. And Aygestin, and Estrogen, and Progesterone suppositories. Things are going in to my body every way possible! July 25- scheduled for our first FET. Aaand huge fail. All of the estrogen gave my pancreas a good old fashioned hissy fit. Long story short, moving on to gestational carrier.
  • Options
    Yes, this is me! I'm going crazy over here. Ahhhhhhh!

TTC #1 since 2011

Me: 36, anovulatory PCOS; DH: 34, fine

Sophia Juliet conceived through IVF and born April 15, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Such truth to every word of that article! LOL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't do an ET, but injectables and TI and I am at the tail end of my 2ww. I have had cheapies show very faint lines that some friends can see and others can't.  I am 10-11 DPO today and I go tomorrow for bloodwork. I feel like I am pregnant but I don't think that I am if that makes any sense.  This cycle is going to be especially rough on me because I convinced myself I am pregnant. I am nauseous, tired, irritable and all of these symptoms could very well be the prog supp. ugh. I will be devastated if tomorrow comes and blood test is neg. Just devastated. We hit one year mark this month.
  • Options
    It all makes sense. Hang in there, I know how hard it is. I "feel" like I'm pregnant, but I get annoyed with myself because I know the let-down will be even harder. But you know what? I'm going to try my best to enjoy those pregnant feelings, but I deserve to!! This is my 2ww, and I'm going to (try) and make the best of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"