December 2011 Moms
Options

Outfit suggestions for DS for wedding

I'm a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding on September 7th and not sure what DS should wear and suggestions on where to buy the outfit. We're in Minnesota so it could start to get a little cool and the wedding ceremony is outside on the lake at 6:00 in the evening.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Outfit suggestions for DS for wedding

• Options
    katykatykatykatykatykaty member
    edited July 2013

What about pants, a dress shirt, and a sweater vest?  I don't have a little boy, so I'm not the best with boy fashions yet.  But I think that outfit would be cute and hopefully warm enough. 

ETA: As far as where to buy, I know Janie and Jack has a lot of dressier outfits, but they can be pricey. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    We took DS to a wedding in May and bought him a little 4 piece outfit (pants, dress shirt, vest, and clip on tie) at Sears. For an outdoor wedding I'd probably try for something with a little sweater vest or jacket just in case it is cool. I normally don't buy a lot of clothing at Sears but they were literally the ONLY place that I could find a boys dress up outfit smaller than 2T. (DS was still in 12m at the time). The price was quite reasonable as well, and the quality was OK.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ccip82ccip82 member

This may sound silly, but did you ask your sister if she had any suggestions on what he should wear? I am not sure how formal your sister's wedding is going to be, but I'd imagine there will be professional pics with the family. I would tend to dress on the more formal side, but still comfortable your DS too.

As far as suggestions for where to buy, I am not sure since I live outside the US. Sorry!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    edited July 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    For the wedding in France we got C a long sleeve button down blue shirt & khaki pants from Baby Gap and then a tie from Children's Place.  Really cute!  I'll post a picture later. 

• Options
    We got ds a suit from janie and jack for his baptism. Was not cheap, but very nice suit that came in a size that would fit him. I think I saw that lord and taylor had little boys suits starting at 2t that would be less expensive- not sure if you have lord and taylor where you are, but maybe try macys too.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options
    RicolaRicola member
    I would probably just put him in some khakis and a long sleeved collared shirt. Maybe tuck it in and get a little belt for a more complete look. 

Make sure to post a picture of him in his outfit 

:)
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options

We went to Buy Buy Baby in Woodbury and found DS a suit that ended up being on clearance.  He's worn it several times and looks so darling in it!  If you can swing it, that's the route I'd go.  Sept 7th can go both ways, it can be oppressively hot or it can be cool/sweatshirt kind of day... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have 3 weddings this spring, summer and fall so I wanted something that could span all 3. I wound up buying a Nautica suit in Amazon for $35 that's adorable and fairly comfy for DS.

I can't find that exact one on there anywhere but still lots of options! We got one with free returns as well so I could buy the 18m and 24m and return whichever one didn't fit.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    BlueCards said:
    We have 3 weddings this spring, summer and fall so I wanted something that could span all 3. I wound up buying a Nautica suit in Amazon for $35 that's adorable and fairly comfy for DS. I can't find that exact one on there anywhere but still lots of options! We got one with free returns as well so I could buy the 18m and 24m and return whichever one didn't fit.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I looked on amazon and found a few nautica suits that are on sale yay! I'm thinking the seersucker would be adorable but think I'll take your advice and order the 18 and 24 month sizes. There's some really cute ones on there, I'm asking my sister which one she likes :)

• Options
    BlueCards said:
    We have 3 weddings this spring, summer and fall so I wanted something that could span all 3. I wound up buying a Nautica suit in Amazon for $35 that's adorable and fairly comfy for DS. I can't find that exact one on there anywhere but still lots of options! We got one with free returns as well so I could buy the 18m and 24m and return whichever one didn't fit.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I looked on amazon and found a few nautica suits that are on sale yay! I'm thinking the seersucker would be adorable but think I'll take your advice and order the 18 and 24 month sizes. There's some really cute ones on there, I'm asking my sister which one she likes :)
    Awww just looked that up and the seersucker one is adorable!!! Yeah, I wasn't expecting much from Amazon, but had procrastinated too long and needed the Prime shipping to help me out and then found their selection to be much better and cheaper than stores I had been to.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We got a toddler suit off Amazon for my brother's wedding. It cost about $50 (MUCH cheaper than other options I found) and we've already used it a few times.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

• Options
    If anyone needs a suit for anything the nautica suits are on sale for $15-$30, I got ours for $15.50, such a steal!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"