October 2012 Moms

Is your LO an animal?

Okay, weird subject line, I know. But I've noticed that many people refer to their LOs as some sort of animal. 

One of my friends calls her son her little lamb, another one calls her DD1 monkey and DD2 bear. I call my LO my bunny or my mouse. And worm. And bear. And puppy. And fish. 

Just wondering what others there are. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is your LO an animal?

• yup, our little monkey. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • nealblnealbl member
    When she gets mad we quote the movie Elf an say she's an angry little elf. That has led me to call her my little elf.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Monster, if that counts. The kid growls like a gremlin. She even talks in growl!!

• Boo boo bear is his full nickname since he always has this sad boo hoo face on. I typically call him that when he's grumpy and fussy, or if he gets hurt. The child is a BEAR, so it's fitting. Never referred to DS1 as an animal though.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Usually monkey, but more often than monkey, he's cookie or pumpkin...

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • He's our little monkey... But lately he's our monster, he growls and bites!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH calls him a puppy because LO is always trying to bite our feet! And he growls. I call him my little monkey because he has his dad's monkey toes and he will curl his toes around anything to try to pick it up!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • RayT1RayT1 member
    DH has called DS Bear since he was born, he even responds to it.  We decided already that our next child will have the nickname Moose.  

October 1st, 2012. 9lbs 2 oz

Jude - 8lbs 1 oz
    August 15th, 2014. 

• We call her monkey. Recently we started calling her Adeline-a-saurus because she rawrs like a dinosaur, and her name is Adeline.
  • I call him pumpkin but my husband calls him munchkin so not really animals, but my sister calls him her little monkey man.

• clrgrdfrkclrgrdfrk member
    edited July 2013
    Monster. Or bug. Sometimes it's lovebug but sometimes it's stinkbug... depending on her mood.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• When she gets upset, the area around her eyebrows turn very red.  my hubby came up with the nickname Lobster (or variations on this, such as Lily Lobstertails).  we were calling her that a lot at one point, that i was getting nervous that she would learn to answer to that name instead of her given name- Lily. 

*i lurk on this board all the time, and couldn't resist participating in this one!*
  • Chicken nugget- so...reconstituted animal protein?

This is DD nickname. I am trying to find her a chicken nugget coustume for Halloween as we speak

:D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Alice is sometimes my silly monkey. Usually she is just Sissy or Sissy Bug though.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • As a side joke we say Alice is a "Allie-gator" although we never call her Allie.  Usually she's a munchkin mouse.
  • lilynblue said:

We call her monkey. Recently we started calling her Adeline-a-saurus because she rawrs like a dinosaur, and her name is Adeline.

We have a Dino here too - Torrey-saurus Rex. Also Monkey Man and Muffin Man.
    image BFP #3 02/14/2012 - EDD 10/20/2012 Started prometrium right away, hoping this one sticks Beta #1 (02/15) 37. Torrey born 10/21/2012 w 6lb 14oz, 19.5" long Beta #2 (02/17) 87 Doubling time 38.91 Beta #3 (02/22) 495 Doubling time 47.84 Beta #4 (02/28) 8108 Doubling time 35.70 ~grow baby grow~ Updated EDD 10/26 BFP #2 01/10/2012 - EDD 09/18/2012, Chemical Pregnancy ended 01/13/2012 BFP #1 12/03/2011 - EDD 08/06/2012, Natural M/C 12/13/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"