December 2013 Moms

Diaper Dude

We are wanting to just get one diaper bag we can both use and DH is particular about it not being Girly, but I don't want anything to manly. The diaper dude seems nice and functional...has anyone used it or seen one in person? I'm just seeing online so it's hard to tell! Thanks
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diaper Dude

• We just got two separate ones. DH's is actually a tactical backpack because he's a dork.
  • I've seen it at Destination -- it's cute, like a dudebro messenger bag.  A little on the pricey side.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! Do you think it would work for a woman too?
  • ktox61ktox61 member
    The hubby at a baby shower I was at on Saturday just for one. He was actually really excited about it. The quality looked good and it had all the necessities. My DH would never carry one but that has nothing to do with it not being a good bag. In his mind it is still a diaper bag lol.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks! Do you think it would work for a woman too?
    I can't see why not -- it's got a wide cross-shoulder adjustable strap just like a messenger bag so if you and your guy are vastly different sizes, it seems like it would be pretty easy to adjust.  Might not be great if, say, you're recovering from a c-section and don't want anything hanging against your front, but that's a bridge you can cross if/when you get there.  
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Thanks for the advice. ;;)
  • ktox61 said:
    The hubby at a baby shower I was at on Saturday just for one. He was actually really excited about it. The quality looked good and it had all the necessities. My DH would never carry one but that has nothing to do with it not being a good bag. In his mind it is still a diaper bag lol.
    You still might want to consider getting something quick for him to carry around, like this thing, because chances are your husband is gonna need to tote some stuff around for your kid without you at least once or twice: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F1SCJK/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought it for my friend's husband because he's a chef and when it's folded up, it looks like a black knife kit, just like he carries for work.  Seriously, it's the most convenient thing ever, pretty cheap and in no way looks like a little diaper bag when it's folded up (and, you know, without the baby on it).  
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • ktox61ktox61 member
    ktox61 said:
    You still might want to consider getting something quick for him to carry around, like this thing, because chances are your husband is gonna need to tote some stuff around for your kid without you at least once or twice: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F1SCJK/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought it for my friend's husband because he's a chef and when it's folded up, it looks like a black knife kit, just like he carries for work.  Seriously, it's the most convenient thing ever, pretty cheap and in no way looks like a little diaper bag when it's folded up (and, you know, without the baby on it).  

Thanks for the advice but I have tried with him time and again. We have a 16month old that he throws the diaper bag in the car and leaves it there if he takes her anywhere with out me. It makes me crazy!
  • @ktox61 It's amazing how a guy you could love in like every possible way could be a bonehead about the weirdest things once you marry him -- we're in year 3 of marriage and year 5 of knowing each other and sometimes I just look at DH and his rationale for things and I'm like, "Really, dude?  You've been holding this variety of weird back this long?"
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • ktox61ktox61 member
    @northport6 it really does amaze me sometimes at the things he feels strongly about. He is genuinely pretty laid back but every now and again something or someone brings out adifferent side out of him. We are in year 3 of marriage and 5 of knowing each other too. I can still handle his breed of crazy but it does catch me off guard every now and again lol,
  • Our Babies R Us carried Diaper Dude when we went to register. After looking over all of their bags, we both decided on this one. It is large, but not bulky.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Expecting our first, baby BOY, 12/12/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"