2nd Trimester

Gall Bladder Attacks

I am looking for some advice as I keep getting the run around. I am 25 wks pregnant and found out I had gall stones right before I found out I was pregnant. They are really large and not able to be passed. Needless to say, it has been giving me major problems as my belly gets bigger.. even resulting in an ER visit (5 1/2 hours of pain) to be given a narcotic for the pain. They tell me that it needs to be inflamed in order for them to have to take the gall bladder out, however I just need to wait until after I have the baby. I am on a NO fat diet but am still having them. It just does not make sense. Was told to go see a gastro but they could not get me an appt now and I have to wait 2 wks. 

Help?!

Re: Gall Bladder Attacks

• I had my gallbladder removed a year ago so I understand how painful these attacks are. I suggest drinking warm peppermint tea after you eat. My chiropractor suggested this as it aids in digestion and always made me feel better. I still had issues after it was removed but a year later finally feel normal. Try eating smaller meals also so it doesn't hit all at once. I remember I could feel after I ate, about 30 minutes, when it got to my gallbladder and was in doubled over pain. I remember the pain if I got hungry too. Try to stick with bland foods and carry saltine crackers with you so you never get hungry. Hope this helps you out.
  • I had my gallbladder out a few years ago I was on a low fat diet too but found out that veggies with thick skins irritated my system too. It might help to lol into a diet that is more towards ulcers too avoiding tomatoes,onions, lots of dairy. I hope you get some relief soon
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you very much for the responses. It pretty much is a bland diet that I am on with no fat at all. Seeing a gastro at some point so hopefully they will have some tips/tricks as well. Will try the warm peppermint tea and warm water. Thanks again! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"