Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

How to keep LO in bed...

So I have not started the transition but after reading posts I was wondering...at 20ish months we'll transition LO before baby #2 comes, but how do you keep LO in bed. I babysat girls that were allowed to roam and fall asleep where ever. I loved this idea, figuring they'll learn quick enough to fall asleep in the comfy bed. Plus easy to follow through with this plan (obviously shut door or gate so contained to that room). Has anyone had success with this? I just fear if we go with the "stay in bed until I come get you, etc." method, I won't follow through with it all the time and then it'll suck--my own fault admittedly. So share stories with your method & experience please! Thanks. 
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How to keep LO in bed...

• Options
    We'll be doing transition around the same time as well, for the same reason. I'm very nervous about it. I think we are leaning towards child proofing the room and gating it. Sorry I can't share my experience yet, but just wanted to let you know we're in the same boat. And happy birthday Annabelle!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I fully toddler proofed the room and he stays gated in there. I took out all of his toys so that he knows that his room is for sleeping and not playing. He's been in his "big boy bed" for two full weeks and has not gotten out....yet. Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a tot clock.  She knows she has to stay in bed until it turns yellow (wake-up color).  Of course, that means she asks me for help when she has to go pee in the middle of the night, and I have to come help her.  If she were to get out of bed (which happened when she was much younger and learning to crawl, as we bedshare), I just pick her up and put her back in.  (Yes, 50 time the first night.  It gets better - slowly - after that.)
    IMG_8355
  • Options
    ChelsiAnn13ChelsiAnn13 member
    edited July 2013
    We did the transition about two weeks ago too and my DD also has not gotten out thankfully. My DH likes the idea of letting her roam and we did take all her toys out and baby proofed her room but we will be doing the method that involves placing her back into bed every time she gets out because i know in the long rub it will create better sleep habits, hopefully I will never need to do this though.

Edit: I too plan to get a tot clock that changes color/ scene when she can get up versus when she needs to sleep but I don't think she will get it right away and she is doing well now so that is down the road.
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"