Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Can someone explain something to me re: Mirena

I'll try to keep this short. I get migraines with aura when I ovulate and during first tri due to the rise in estrogen. My body hates estrogen. I am currently on LoEstrin24 Fe 1/20 and I love it. I might get a migraine a year on this pill. Month or so back, I had a scary couldn't talk migraine. It was not a stroke or TIA. It was also broght on by extremem stress that has since resolved. However, no doc will give me the pill anymore bc of the connection of estrogen on the pill and blood clots. Freaking sucks. Doc is inserting Mirena next week. Tells me how it'll be great bc there's no estrogen which is a trigger of my migraines. But everything I read indicates that most women still O on this pill. I am so confused. Does anyone have any insight to estrogen levels whole on Mirena? Doc google was no help. I don't want to get this thing and then have wicked migraines. I just want my LoEstrin. Tear.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can someone explain something to me re: Mirena

• Options
    You sound like my twin! I have the EXACT same problems. I have been on Mirena for 7 months and have had maybe two migraines. It's a huge change! I am very happy with it.
  • Options
    msm261msm261 member
    This makes me feel a lot better. I cannot do anything but lay in a dark room for hours when one strikes. I am using the imitrex injectable and it's a lifesaver. I just don't want to use more than I have to. Hopefully Mirena will work out for me too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I too use to have an attack may be once in 6-8 months.. I try home remedies and the best effective one is taking the lemon with little lukewarm water with a pinch of salt in it. And go for a sleep for couple of hours. it really soothes a lot. It is for those who have normal migrain, but if it is severe one an is under observation of a doctor, them one must follow the prescription.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"