December 2010 Moms

PT success

So I decided to PT this weekend since we finally had a weekend with nothing going on.  I told J Friday night that he'd get to wear underwear on Saturday.  So when he woke up Saturday morning, he went straight to the bathroom and peed, then asked for his underwear.  We only had 1 pee accident Saturday and 1 Sunday.
Today I sent him to DC in underwear and brought 3 changes of clothes.  He didn't have any accidents all day at DC!  He did get a little pee on his shorts while he was on the potty, so they changed his shorts, but he didn't pee in his pants.  He even had a bm on the potty! I stopped on the way home and got ice cream to celebrate.

I'm so proud and a little emotional.  I hope I'm not jinxing it by typing this, but I had to share.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PT success

• Congrats! We are finally done with diapers too and it's pretty freaking great. We had a whole week of accidents before Avery figured it out though. Sounds like Jackson took to it right away!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• kj07kj07 member
    That's great news. We had a random poop in the potty last night, but tats only the second time ever in our house. I hope tomorrow is just as great.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • bosha711bosha711 member
    edited July 2013
    That's awesome! DS seems to have regressed & I'm really disappointed bc I thought we were close to bring trained for daytime.

What is the potty routine at his daycare? Ours is doing every couple hours - at snack time, lunch, etc- but that is way too long for ds to go without being put on the potty, so I feel like it screwed him up.

• @bosha711, The routine at dc is similar to yours. They take all of the 2 yos around 9, 11, 1 and 3 depending on what they are doing that day. But, they will take the kids who are learning to potty more often.
    When I called around 10 to check on him ( yeah i'm that mom) the director said she heard his teachery tell him that they needed to go try to poo since she knew he always went around that time every morning.

Can you talk to the dc and see if they'll take him more often?

• Congrats!  I'm jealous!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• That's great! Sounds like he is doing really well.
    imageimage
  • That's so exciting!  DD finally went pee in the potty on Friday at daycare...nothing since then.  I will ask if she needs to go sit on the potty, she gets so excited and takes off her pants and we sit there.  After a few minutes she says 'all done'.  We are taking baby steps apparently.  :-/
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP

• @bosha711, The routine at dc is similar to yours. They take all of the 2 yos around 9, 11, 1 and 3 depending on what they are doing that day. But, they will take the kids who are learning to potty more often. When I called around 10 to check on him ( yeah i'm that mom) the director said she heard his teachery tell him that they needed to go try to poo since she knew he always went around that time every morning. Can you talk to the dc and see if they'll take him more often?
    We asked them to put him on every hour, but I'm not sure they're keeping up with it. I figure realistically, putting him on the potty every hour is too disruptive to the rest of the class. sigh. I'm going to ask again today.

• @bosha711, I don't think asking for him to go every hour is too disruptive. I'm sure they aren't doing a single activity for more than an hour, so at every transition they could take him to the potty. Maybe they have floaters that can watch the class while his teacher takes him.

It would be frustrating if dc is working against you. There's only so much you can do on evenings and weekends.

• Congrats!  We aren't there yet.  J peed in the potty twice today, which is good for him.  He has yet to have a BM in the potty yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"