High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

What extra tests are you having done because of gd

Currently I won't have another u/s --last one was 20 weeks but wonder I'd they will do another because if gd. All my kids have been over 9 lbs and I will be a repeat c/s

Re: What extra tests are you having done because of gd

• Options
    So far I've only had NST and those will go every week through delivery. I might have a growth ultrasound if my fundal measurements seem off.

• Options
    I'm having an ultrasound on Monday before I meet with the MFM for the first time. That's as much as I know at the moment. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had BPPs (which include an NST and also check growth) every week since around 34w.
  • Options
    Both pregnancies with GD I had an NST, u/s, and midwife appointment every week once i hit 32wks. They'd make one u/s per month a growth scan to keep an eye on size too.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    I have had a weekly biophysical profile ultrasound and a weekly NST since 31 weeks. It freaks me out a little that they are monitoring the baby so closely as it is only measuring in the 50th percentile but it is nice to see the little peanut every week.
  • Options
    tricia560 said:

I had a growth scan at 36 weeks to estimate size (they were pretty close), and then weekly NSTs and BPP (which involves ultrasounds to look for practice breathing, etc) after that.

After reading all of the responses, I am a little concerned. I have gd controlled with diet but have only had one growth scan and everything looked fine. Should I be concerned or question why I'm not having bpps and nsts? Or is it not always done for those controlling with diet?

• Options
    AACaHa13 said:

tricia560 said:

I had a growth scan at 36 weeks to estimate size (they were pretty close), and then weekly NSTs and BPP (which involves ultrasounds to look for practice breathing, etc) after that.

After reading all of the responses, I am a little concerned. I have gd controlled with diet but have only had one growth scan and everything looked fine. Should I be concerned or question why I'm not having bpps and nsts? Or is it not always done for those controlling with diet?
    I wouldn't be too concerned but if its bothering you, bring it up with your OB. Providers differ in how they handle GD and most don't increase monitoring till 3rd trimester unless other complications show up. My growth scans were done every 3 or 4 weeks in third trimester, which isn't really a lot. NSTs were weekly during the last bit of pregnancy and we only did one BPP. Your OB may just be comfy with a more hands off approach if you're easily controlling GD without meds and have an otherwise low risk pregnancy.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    O

AACaHa13 said:

tricia560 said:

I wouldn't be too concerned but if its bothering you, bring it up with your OB. Providers differ in how they handle GD and most don't increase monitoring till 3rd trimester unless other complications show up. My growth scans were done every 3 or 4 weeks in third trimester, which isn't really a lot. NSTs were weekly during the last bit of pregnancy and we only did one BPP. Your OB may just be comfy with a more hands off approach if you're easily controlling GD without meds and have an otherwise low risk pregnancy.
    Okay thanks. I am going to call my midwife tomorrow. I am 38 weeks and have only had the one growth scan at 36 weeks. I will call to see why I haven't had the other monitoring. Thanks for your input!

• Options
    I had to meet with my GD counselor/nutritionist.

in addition, my OB started weekly NSTs around 32 weeks. Twice weekly around 34 weeks. 

I had a measuring u/s around 30 weeks, 34 weeks and 38 weeks (42%, 24%, 41% percentile). 

weekly u/s around 32 or 34  (can't remember) weeks (to check fluids, baby's health and placenta health). 

I was diagnosed at 24 weeks. I am mostly diet controlled, I take 1.25 mg of Glyburide each night (and have since 24 weeks). 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"