Babies on the Brain

What is with the PMs?

Am I the only one getting PMs from newbs? I know GM and Car Seat got one joint PM along with me. 

I am trying to figure out why they care what we think. 

Re: What is with the PMs?

• If obnoxious is nice, then yes. 
  • No one ever PMs me and that's ok.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Loading the player...
  • BallSox said:
    No one ever PMs me and that's ok.  
    This.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."

• BallSox said:

No one ever PMs me and that's ok.  

This.

I've gotten one. Cause I'm cool like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I smell a humble brag \:D/
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Am I the only one getting PMs from newbs? I know GM and Car Seat got one joint PM along with me. 

People log into this site for the opinions and support of women who are, or have gone through similar situations. I would think that point is pretty clear. Why did you originally join this site? 

Rhetorical Question!

Cheers!
  • hmm81 said:
    Am I the only one getting PMs from newbs? I know GM and Car Seat got one joint PM along with me. 

People log into this site for the opinions and support of women who are, or have gone through similar situations. I would think that point is pretty clear. Why did you originally join this site? 

Rhetorical Question!

Cheers!
    Having said that I obviously am not familiar with the content of your PM's but as a generalization my above comment stands!
  • hmm81 said:

Rhetorical Question!

Cheers!

Um, you joined yesterday. MW has been here for years. I think she knows what TB is for.

View Full Size Image

• hmm81 said:

Rhetorical Question!

Cheers!
    LOL
    Thing 1 = April 2008, 38weeks 8lbs 7oz 19in
    Thing 2 = May 2009, Stillborn 33weeks 4lbs 9oz 18in
    Thing 3 = October 2010, 27weeks 4days 2lbs 4oz 14.25in

• Yay a troll! Cheers! :-@

• Yay a troll! Cheers! :-@
    LOL i really need to start testing out these smilies

• Yay a troll! Cheers! 

This wasn't a troll post, you stated you didn't understand why people cared what you thought. People don't come to this site specifically for you. They come for what the site is supposed to represent. Which is the same reason you joined, and it's a rhetorical question because It's why everyone joins. 

Cheers!

• Am I the only one getting PMs from newbs? I know GM and Car Seat got one joint PM along with me. 

Rhetorical Question!

Cheers!
    Um, you joined yesterday. MW has been here for years. I think she knows what TB is for.
    Yes but I've been a person for 32 years, and I have common sense. You don't have to be a long time member of a site that's purpose is clear, to understand it. 
  • MrsShrek1028MrsShrek1028 member
    edited July 2013
    cheers!
    :))

edited to fix/delete quotes

• edited July 2013

• :ar!

• Yes I forgot to add that, thanks!
  • cheers! #-o

• cheers! #-o
    Dead horse....meet stick

Cheers!

Oh to be a troll..... how simple a life would be.  Running around, spewing nonsense like a fountain and not having to worry about difficult things...like making logical sense.  

How carefree! 

He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  

• fredalina said:
    If rainbowmkr love tits your post, you know you went wrong somewhere. Back up and go the opposite direction.
    Hmm, it seems that her typical comments start off as encouraging to whom ever she is replying to. I'd say that makes her an asset to the community. The problem people seem to have with her is that she's new and she isn't a member of the community click of "women" (and I use the term loosely) who act as though they were the graduating class of 2013. She doesn't seem to want to change the community, but her opinion matters just as much as anyone elses. 

I've only posted a few things on here. I have yet to see an educated response from the click of women who seem to find it necessary to respond in a negative manner.  

Please impress me with your  "eye rolls" "you should go somewhere else" "its not all unicorns and rainbows" responses.  

cheers!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Ballsox Bullet points ftw =D>

View Full Size Image

• BallSox said:
    Well, I might not be new here, but I feel if you're going to lecture people about being educated, perhaps you should use the right word when you're ranting.  

For your future rants: image

Clique = A small group of people with shared interests, who spend time together and exclude others.   
    Click = 
    A short, sharp sound as of a switch being operated or of two hard objects coming quickly into contact.

As far as the rest of your ramblings, I love old people, I love new people, I love people that have only been here long enough to warm the seat, but not long enough to leave an ass imprint in the couch.  My love for you is not conditional to the amount of time you spend/have spent here.  My love is conditional to the amount that you contribute to the community.  

I love people that are: 
    • funny
    • helpful
    • educated
    • well-spoken
    • not too full of themselves
    • humble (as in understanding their place as a new person in an established group of friends and/or understand that perhaps someone might know more about a topic than they do)
    • aware that they are not my mother and don't treat me as such. 
    I detest people who: 
    • Try to lecture us on being educated, but don't even know the right word they want to use
    • People that come on the board and act like we should all kiss their butts because they graced us with their presence
    • People that don't take the time to learn about their own bodies
    • People that won't accept when perhaps someone might know more about their own body than they do
    • People that rationalize why they are right, no matter what anyone else says
    • People who come into our "click" and expect to receive our undying loyalty and support even though they haven't done a single damn thing to add to the group
    • ......ok, this list could go on, but you get the point. 

Please forgive my vocabulary regarding the word Clique, Ever make a mistake? Happened to me. It's the human condition, educated or not.

OK let's play Grammar police.

Bulleted sentences should still be completed with a period.

Here's the point, People don't have to come in here and Kiss YOUR butt for you to give them respect. Every human being is entitled to respect and decency. Nobody has to conform to how you or the "clique" believes things should be. 

Certain people here believe they can be rude to anyone (in an online format I might add) and they are correct. There is nothing stopping them, perhaps they should consider how they would handle the same situation in person.   

That being said, when I read a post where someone has posted a question, and the first response is something rude or negative. Yes I will stand up for that person. I don't have to know them, I know enough in the fact that they did nothing to deserve that kind of treatment.   

This is the best response to anything I have posted, Though you may disagree with the way I think, you at least responded with thought and a little gusto.

Thank you for correcting my vocabulary though, I do appreciate that.

Cheers!

• :stomps feet:
    Please, not another 15 pager. I can only handle so many "you guys are mean! I need my mommy" post. 
  • :stomps feet:
    Please, not another 15 pager. I can only handle so many "you guys are mean! I need my mommy" post. 
    I know, right?  Anytime someone starts trying to be my Mom, I just flash to this: 

But I can't post it as a response because that's simply just not nice.  
  • Why don't you ask the girls sending you pm's why they are sending them to you?
  • edited August 2013
    DallasX said:
    Why don't you ask the girls sending you pm's why they are sending them to you?
    That is a fantastic idea!  8-| Apparently you fail at reading. I was asking if anyone else was getting PMs too. 
  • edited August 2013
    No I get that. I meant it as a seperate suggestion, not an answer to your question. More of a response to the statement "I am trying to figure out why they care what we think."
  • DallasX said:

No I get that. I meant it as a seperate suggestion, not an answer to your question.

Then that would turn into another 50 page thread.

View Full Size Image

• DallasX said:
    No I get that. I meant it as a seperate suggestion, not an answer to your question. More of a response to the statement "I am trying to figure out why they care what we think."
    Right.....

This is another case of a newb having no clue what in the hell is going on. 
  • Can you elaborate on that statement? You posted a question and statement. I responded. If you don't like my response, that's ok. But why do I not know what's going on? What am I missing?
  • aragosta said:
    Lol I read this as "what is with PMS".  

CHEERS!  L-)
    Me too haha!
    dogs
  • @MauiBliss

LOL, I couldn't decide.
  • I heart you @BallSox.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"