June 2013 Moms
Options

major spit up that seems painful

Hi ladies.. so my LO often cries painful cries after about 5 minutes of breastfeeding and continues until she burps and spits up. Then she's calm for a few seconds before she starts crying again. I try feeding her again and that's hit or miss. I was thinking that maybe something in my diet is causing her to be in pain and spit up but then when I gave her a bottle of breast milk last night she drank it with no issues, did a nice burp n went to sleep.

I'm trying to figure out what I can try so that she doesn't have to go through this practically every time she eats. Have any of you had a similar experience? Any thoughts or advice?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: major spit up that seems painful

• Options
    AchaeAchae member
    Have you tried nursing her with you on your back? Maybe you have a strong letdown and that's why she did ok with the bottle.
  • Options
    SJ7108SJ7108 member
    Thanks ladies. I've tried nursing her with me reclined.. she does okay but like likes to rest her head down sideways so then she ends up twisting my nipple. I'm going to try side lying ans see if that helps.

Now this is probably a dumb question but when cutting out dairy does that include eggs or just milk based things?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"