July 2013 Moms

Early Labour Mindgame...

Man early labour is such a mind game! There should be a little light or something that goes bing! Time to go to the hospital now!

I've been timing my contractions for about an hour now, and they range from 3-5 minutes apart, lasting around a minute, but they don't hurt that bad, so I don't feel like I should go in. I mean, they hurt... But I can still talk through them, smile, etc. so I'm guessing they're not "time to go" contractions.

Anyways... I know... I'll "know" when it's really time. But this is such a mind game! I should just be thankful something's happening!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageimage

Re: Early Labour Mindgame...

• Hooray for consistent contractions! I hope they keep progressing and we hear some good news tomorrow.
  • edited July 2013
    I think I had two contractions before my water broke so I got lucky I suppose:) I just went straight to the hospital. I hope this means you'll be posting about your little one soon :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Hooray for consistent contractions! I hope they keep progressing and we hear some good news tomorrow.

Yeah, the gel they put in really got things going for contractions! They've been this way almost since the gel went in around supper time. I think they just need to hurt more.
    imageimage
  • My contractions were about that far apart when I went in, I was feeling unsure about it because they weren't excruciating yet, but when I got there I was almost 4cm and 100% effaced. They'd been going on for about 10 hours at that point and had been getting steadily worse so I was glad I did even though I could have safely stayed home longer. Hope this is it for you, GL!
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • bobceebobcee member
    Maybe you just have a high pain tolerance?  Mine were similar and I wasn't sure if I should go in, but DH wanted me to so we went and I was 4 cm and 100% effaced with baby at -1 station.   My waters broke an hour after getting there and contractions became horribly intense. I delivered DS 1 hour after that after only 2 pushes.  Had I waited much longer or until I couldn't talk through my contractions, I would've had a horrible car ride and don't know that I would've made it in time.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• flkongflkong member
    If it's the ripening gel you'll probably be going back in the morning anyways. Good luck!

• fklang said:

If it's the ripening gel you'll probably be going back in the morning anyways. Good luck!

Yes, I am. So I'm not too worried about going tonight. I really don't feel like it's time - just wish it was!
    imageimage
  • Good luck! Better safe than sorry. My LO was almost born in the car on Saturday morning after thinking I was only in early labor because my contractions were irregular and 8-12 mins apart. Lol. Turns out he was posterior and once he turned, he came FAST. He was born 4 mins after we got to the hospital! So always go if you're not sure!!

GL to you and wishing you a good labor!
  • KMSonnKMSonn member
    MrserinJ said:

Good luck! Better safe than sorry. My LO was almost born in the car on Saturday morning after thinking I was only in early labor because my contractions were irregular and 8-12 mins apart. Lol. Turns out he was posterior and once he turned, he came FAST. He was born 4 mins after we got to the hospital! So always go if you're not sure!!

Wow, this was a big fear of mine with DD. But I ended up having to be induced so it wasn't an issue
  • KMSonn said:

MrserinJ said:

Good luck! Better safe than sorry. My LO was almost born in the car on Saturday morning after thinking I was only in early labor because my contractions were irregular and 8-12 mins apart. Lol. Turns out he was posterior and once he turned, he came FAST. He was born 4 mins after we got to the hospital! So always go if you're not sure!!

Wow, this was a big fear of mine with DD. But I ended up having to be induced so it wasn't an issue
    Yes, I can't believe it happened, considering LO is my third baby. I just thought I would know for sure when to go. I thought the contractions hurt A LOT for early labor but figured I couldn't be progressing because they were so irregular and far apart. Then, all of a sudden, I felt crazy pressure and knew we needed to get there ASAP. Lol. Thank God it turned out ok!
  • Good luck! Hopefully the time is near! I had contractions on and off for nearly a month. I was so over it.
  • Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"