Parenting
Options

Injured kid = Annoying as hell (tl;dr rant)

A few hours ago DS fell off the arm of the couch and caught the top of the laptop screen with his eyeball. He had impeccable timing as I was saying, "Get down or you're gonna fa...." SLAM! I inspected him pretty good, but damn he's gonna have a shiner. We snuggled in the armchair for an hour, which was actually sweet since he rarely snuggles anymore. He zonked out for a nap and when he woke up he lost his shit. Like inconsolably crying and refusing to open his eyes. So I gave him some Tylenol and took him to the doctor. 

The doc confirmed that it's nothing more than what will be one helluva black eye. He numbed his eye a bit and DS was totally fine for a bit. Now he's ranting that *I* keep hurting his eye (I'm not even TOUCHING him, or NEAR him for the matter!). I'm making him mad when I tell him to not rub his eye. He wants a snack and if I tell him "no" one more time I'm having a time out. He was finally playing contently on the floor and when I announced I was going to make dinner he expected it immediately. Now dinner's actually ready and he's whining and crying instead of eating. 

Gah! Toddlers. :::pours beer:::

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 

Re: Injured kid = Annoying as hell (tl;dr rant)

• Options
    FTR: I do acknowledge he's probably got a bitch of a headache and I'd be whiney too if I took a laptop to the eyeball. But damn! 

• Options
    toddlers are the worst

The Mob Boss 
    Birth: 10lbs 11oz, 21.5 inches <> 1 mo: 14lbs 7oz, 23.5 inches
    2mo: 18lbs 15oz, 25.5 inches <> 4mo: 26lbs 8oz, 27.5 inches6mo: 29lbs 8oz, 30 inches <> 9mo: 32lbs, 32 inches12 mo: 37lbs, 34.5 inches <> 15 mo: 38lbs 6 oz, 36 inches. 20.5 inch noggin18 mo: 43lbs, 37.75 inches 21 inch head2yr: 47 lbs, 42 inches. 21.5 inch head. Woah.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can you give him some ibuprofen? I know in some cases you can alternate tylenol and ibuprofen for chronic pain.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah. I was waiting till bedtime was closer, hoping he's sleep longer with the ibuprofen. I dropped some saline in his eye and he was instantly better... I think he's playing me. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"