December 2012 Moms

I can't stop checking on her!

So last Tuesday we stopped using the magic sleep suit. She's in a sleep sack now. But now she can and does roll onto her belly. It's driving me crazy!!! For sooooooooooooooo long I've been reading and hearing to never net your baby sleep on their tummy. I'm a mess. I check on her nonstop. I'm feeling her back to make sure she's breathing and touching her nose to make sure the paci isn't blocking her breathing. She has the hospital issued paci and they are big.
I'm so nervous about it. :(
Lilypie Maternity tickers
DD#1 December '12
DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
Married 07/09

Re: I can't stop checking on her!

• MrsBigTimeMrsBigTime member
    edited July 2013
    It's not such a problem anymore. When they have the ability to roll back and forth the risk of SIDS is lower.

My DD has been rolling onto her belly for months and it freaked me out in the beginning, too. Now, whatever it takes to help her sleep, I'm down for it!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO has been sleeping on her belly since three months when she started rolling. You will get used to it quickly. As PP said once they roll it's less of a problem.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Loading the player...
  • jac409jac409 member
    I was the same way. Mine it only sleeps on her tummy, but also prefers to be face down in the mattress. It is awful! The pediatrician old me it was ok though, so I try not to worry too much. If I roll her over, she just goes right back to her face plant, so there isn't much point. Anyway, you will get used to it eventually.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was the exact same way when DD first started sleeping on her belly. She loves sleeping that way now though and sleeps so much better and for longer! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Are her arms out I the sack? If not then rolling over can be and issue. If her legs are also restricted, the might make rolling off her belly an issue too. Maybe try other pjs that let her roll freely and then you know she can move herself for back to belly and back again freely.

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

• My dd is also in the sleep sack and rolls to her belly, every time I flip her she goes right back to it. It still freaks me out more so my DH. When he come home from work in the morning he wakes me to tell me she's on her belly. This morning he woke her up at 6 am because he flipped her over. I told him she's fine she can flip and move her head if she can't breath.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • jac409jac409 member
    Oddly, I was talking to my SIL about this today and she said that my niece and nephew also both sleep face down in the mattress, just like my LO. Weird that all three cousins do this. Anyway, my niece and nephew are three and five now, and they have both survived their tummy sleeping, face planting ways, so this makes me feel a bit better about it. Is it any wonder that mothers often go grey prematurely? Lol.
  • Thank you everyone for the reassurance! It's just so weird to let her do something that's been engrained in my head is bad.
    She does that face plant sometimes and I move her head lol I'm sure at some point I'll get past it but right now it's scary. I check on her a lot.

@aelhunt her arms are out. It's one of the sleeveless kind and the bag is pretty big. I did wonder if she could move back and forth pretty easy and watching her in there I think she can. Eventually we'll move to just like footy pajamas but we're using the sleep sack to break her from the sleep suit and it's only been a week today.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • jac409 said:
    I was the same way. Mine it only sleeps on her tummy, but also prefers to be face down in the mattress. It is awful! The pediatrician old me it was ok though, so I try not to worry too much. If I roll her over, she just goes right back to her face plant, so there isn't much point. Anyway, you will get used to it eventually.
    My guy too - I find him flat on his face, snoring away
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are in the same boat. She just learned to roll back to belly this weekend and stomach sleeps now. I just keep telling myself other babies do this much younger and if she can do it on her own, its safe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Us too LO sleeps face down, butt straight up in the air, his teddy tucked under his arm. Ever since he could roll he's been sleeping on his tummy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @perfectlove09 she will be if one then! I know you have had some issues getting her to sleep. Start enjoying it! DD rolls on her belly and back and like other PP she is fine sleeping like that,

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

• I was the exact same way when DD first started sleeping on her belly. She loves sleeping that way now though and sleeps so much better and for longer! 
    Yuppers, this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"