August 2012 Moms
Options

Hitting Biting and Pinching

I know that this has been asked before but what is everyone doing for discipline for these things? DS is so aggressive with me. I constantly get hit bit and slapped. I have tried saying no sternly and correcting by saying gentle touch but he literally laughs at me now.

It's so embarrassing when we are out and I feel like I need a new method of discipline. A friend of mine suggested time outs but I don't think he will have a clue what is going on. Suggestions???
100_7533(1) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hitting Biting and Pinching

• Options
    I don't think a time out would work for my little guy either - but i would love to hear some suggestions! i keep trying the "no" and showing him how to be gentle..   it seems to be going no where, lol. 
  • Options
    Saying no and practicing gentle touch is about all you can do. He doesn't know that he's hurting you.

Time out is ridiculous to use on a baby. Time out is used when they're actually capable understanding what you're saying.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    amaiteamaite member
    I wouldn't do time outs. I think you just have to keep at it.
  • Options
    Mostly all you can do is say, "No hitting." and "gentle," while modeling gentle touches on him.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    I am having the same problem. And saying, "no" only seems to be encouraging her, because she laughs and continues even more so than she was. I have begun just ignoring her and setting her down and walking away, if possible.
  • Options
    JayandEmm said:

Time out is ridiculous to use on a baby. Time out is used when they're actually capable understanding what you're saying.

This was my feeling. There is no way DS would understand what is going on in time out.
    100_7533(1) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just take her hand and put it gently on me and say "gentle" or "nice".  There's really no point of disciplining them at this age.  They don't know they're hurting you.  They just know that they are frustrated and your face is the closest thing to them :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian
  • Options
    I'm going through the same things. I tell him "No" sternly and "Be nice or Soft touches" and all he does is smile and laugh. Not sure what else to do. I know it is a phase and that he thinks it is funny. He likes the reaction I guess.
  • Options
    BPaws said:
    The bite mark that H left yesterday. We aren't even bfing! He pretends he's coming in for a hug and then BAM. He actually drew blood with this. I calmly say "gentle" and try not to show any reaction. That one hurt like a mofo. If he's hitting or pinching, I try to give him something appropriate to do with his hands (ie; a toy to squeeze or play with).
    OUCH!!! That looks like a little vampire bite. So sorry.  

K's into slapping our faces, pulling hair and earrings right off - and laughs like it's the best comedy he's seen.  I hold his hands down firmly and tell him, "Nice hands please" or "Be gentle."  So far it's not much help...
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• Options
    I agree that redirection is all we can do now. Time outs seem ridiculous at this age, DD would have no clue what was going on. Although I haven't had a bite like that picture yet, that might make me change my theories.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"