Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Hypotonia? (Anyone Else)

Has anyone else's little one been diagnosed with Hypotonia without a reason behind it? Or are you still searching for answers. Our little guy was late with all his fine and gross motor skills, he just turned 10 months old and still struggles sometimes with rolling over on his left side, he can sit unsupported but cannot get himself in or out of sitting, he just began to bear weight on his legs (wouldn't even extend legs until last week), cannot pincher grasp, is strongly favoring his right side (both arm and leg), and has feeding issues, which have been on-going. With the help of physical therapy we have made some advancements but I'm still worried about him. We have seen two Neurologists, one who ran an EEG, EMG and they came back normal and some blood work which is abnormal (still waiting on the re-test results) and one who said, it was just benign hypotonia and doesn't want to see him until he's 14 months old. He also has had breathing issues since birth, raspy and has sleep apnea. I'm just at a loss and wondering if anyone is going through the same thing, has any ideas, etc. He just qualified for Early Steps, an intervention service in our area, on the basis of "speech", because although he babbles, he does not have distinctive cries or sounds for different things and he does not repeat vowel sounds yet.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hypotonia? (Anyone Else)

• Options
    I don't have any insight into any of this, but I know many who have had great success with PT and early intervention programs.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I don't have any experience with hyptonia, but I do have a few friends who have had great success with PT, speech therapy, and early intervention services.  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi my son is nine months and has been diagnosed with hypotonia.  He sounds like he is around the same place as your LO, but doesn't seem to have feeding issues.  We have been doing PT four times a week for the last three weeks and I agree it is definitely helping.  His ped doesn't want us to see neuro and genetics and insists it isn't neurological and will just make us crazy.  We're still going to those appointments in September when he will be almost eleven months and I hope that will help allay the fears.  Please join "Delayed Darlings" on Babycenter.  Many of the (mostly) moms there have LOs with hypotonia and it is a great place full of support and information.  Good luck to you!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"