Breastfeeding
Options

Does anyone have a hybrid nursing situation?

I posted earlier that DS2 and I are done with nursing, but now I'm considering nursing when possible like when we are home and he is relaxed and hungry, but not starving to the point that he gets frustrated.  Then formula feeding if he doesn't get satisfied from BM due to improper latch.  This might sound lazy of me, but as I mentioned in previous post I just don't know how much longer I can continue to work on the latch and pump with my other 2.  I pumped for 7 months with DS1, but the siutation was different.  I know this wouldn't be compatible long term because obviously my supply won't stay up, but at least hopefully for a few weeks he can get the immunity and nutritional benefits from the BM.  TIA.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does anyone have a hybrid nursing situation?

• Options
    lynseflynsef member
    My milk is in because I'm engorged even after I pump.  I just go 1.5 oz when pumping so I did finally let down for the pump, but it's been a few hrs since my last nursing attempt and haven't pumped in several hrs.  I'm just going to take it feeding by feeding at this point.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Can you hand express instead of pumping?  Can you get more that way?  Probably not a helpful suggestion but worth a shot.  I don't pump but hand express a lot, and I find that the more I do it the more efficient I become.  I can really get a lot when engorged.  I know it's not a good long-term solution, but maybe it will help you get at least a few more ounces in him before going to all formula.

Taking it feeding by feeding is a great idea.  Good luck in whatever you decide!!!  You have to do what is right for your family as a whole.  In the beginning I just took it day by day.  I'm shocked I made it to 6 1/2 weeks.  There were MANY days I was going to quit!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"