Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Naps

Does the 4 month wakeful apply to naps too? I've been hearing my LO babbling and talking a couple times a night which I assume is the 4 month wakeful. But over the last few days B has taken about 3 45 minute cat naps through the day. Yesterday he was awake for 4 hours straight during the day happy as a clam when before he couldn't go over 2 hours before turning into a screaming mess. Do any stm's know when naps lengthen? We are also transitioning out of the nap swaddle and swing so I think he just can't get into another cycle like he can most days in the swing. I'm afraid he's not getting enough day sleep but he's so happy!

Re: Naps

• My DS is still STTN but he barely naps at all anymore. It sucks because he is cranky in the evening, but there's only so much that you can do to make a baby sleep. If your baby naps okay in the swing, why are you stopping that? I understand that you have to wean from the swaddle once LO can roll.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • I think it only applies to naps for us... DD started sleeping for maybe 30 minutes 3 times a day, when she used to sleep at least an hour or more.  She still sleeps ok at night, just wakes up a little bit earlier.  Some days she comes home fussy and ends up going to bed earlier, but the most part she seems to function fine on short naps...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • Loading the player...
  • My DS is still STTN but he barely naps at all anymore. It sucks because he is cranky in the evening, but there's only so much that you can do to make a baby sleep. If your baby naps okay in the swing, why are you stopping that? I understand that you have to wean from the swaddle once LO can roll.

I'm trying to get away from the swing because sometimes i swear I catch him trying to get out of it! I just don't want him to get so old that it becomes this major thing to get him in the crib.

We also are going to start living 2 weeks of every month in Florida instead of Canada starting in September/October for the winter and I don't want to buy another swing for that house!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a cat napper. I'm just hoping that in a few months we might get some longer naps with consistency!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"